A Wing Helmet Greeblie Question

Cameron

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Does anyone know the source of this greeblie? It’s on the back of a few A and B wing helmets.
5F8FA48B-9149-4DFC-BE9C-6A960BC39EFA.jpeg

Over the years I was able to identify many of the Greeblies with the help of members here. Unfortunately this was not included. But the last Propstore auctions had a lot of good pictures of this part. I also had one printed a few years ago.
491148_0.jpg
IMG_20211129_151128_437.jpg

Over the years I was able to identify many of the Greeblies with the help of members here. Unfortunately this was not included. But the last Propstore auctions had a lot of good pictures of this part. I also had one printed a few years ago.View attachment 1517264View attachment 1517266
Thanks for the reply. It looks like a model motorcycle engine part to my eye but I’ve had no luck in my search. At this point a repro would work.

This is a long shot but it’s free to ask: RS Props have been working on a B-Wing helmet run for the past year, maybe they would know?

I need some coffee…

Last edited:
Ahem. So back to the regularly scheduled question. It is the A wing helmet greeblie I am in search of. As seen on the back top of at least 3 of the 4 known A wing helmets.

I got a little obsessed by this yesterday and started looking at vintage vacuum cleaner parts. Close, but not quite.

Last edited:
Well, if the original helmet makers followed the long-established Rules of Greeblie Making, the found part must be:

1. Very difficult to identify

2. Very difficult to find, if identified

3. Very expensive to buy, if found

I trust that these rules were strictly adhered to when the original helmet was constructed.

Last edited:
I think it is made from a part of a vintage "Schick Colonel" electric shaver, cut short and filled.
If the greeblie is on multiple helmet I'd think it could be a cast of a part made from the shaver part.

Edit: There are apparently several revisions. Some are different from the prop's in that the first rib is twice as wide as the others, or where the ribs don't go down the sides.
This one looks correct, and there are a few on eBay that look correct.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back