A Thorough Explanation

spankygnarkill

I frequent Cracked alot, and this just came up today figured I'd share it with the whole community cause the writers at Cracked agree with us that the AVP movie franchise sucks.

Cracked Article

Also, theres this review of AVP the game that just came out by my favorite game reviewer

WARNING: HE SWEARS AND USES NAUGHTY WORDS
So dont blare it at work on your speakers. No naughty pictures though

AVP Game Review by Yahtzee

Hes right in some areas! Although Iv'e just realised you never actually deal with predators on marine and alien levels, only when you fight them once as a boss!

When your playing as the 'rookie' and you first see the predator you don't even fight him... if you stay long enough without him killing you he just runs off...

Glad I could supply a good review for the games.

I find his reviewing style to be very honest and blunt and he typically says things other game critics dont.

Playing as the facehugger was awesome. It's not like you just picked to be a facehugger for the whole match, it was a mode for the alien play. You had to first find a victim to impregnate then gestate in their chest and you actually get to chew your own way out and then survive a little while longer as a chestburster before growing up big and tall to tear the faces from your enemies.

You could disable this mode if you wanted, but it was ******* awesome for immersion. And immersion is a large part of the pie!

I agree with Yig, I think it added to the overall experience of being a Xeno, but nothing compared to being a pred and running around invisble and killing

Best line of the review AVP movie review "Calendar-making is not exactly your highest priority when hyper-sexual vagina-mouthed throat-raping starbeasts want to start a game of Death-tag with your culture as the playground."

That was a good read.

"because that's just like a human to get caught in the middle of an epic battle. We're like epic battle cock-blockers, according to Hollywood science fiction." I lmao when I read that.

Its okay, My personal favorite quote is from the game review

"Aliens infest human facility, and marines get sent in to take care of them in the same way bits of bread get sent into ponds to take care of the ducks."

"Much like a peanut butter and bacon and strawberry jello sandwich with ranch dressing - some things are better enjoyed separately"... I think any TWO of these would work together though... lol

"Much like a peanut butter and bacon and strawberry jello sandwich with ranch dressing - some things are better enjoyed separately"... I think any TWO of these would work together though... lol

I don't think bacon and ranch dressing would be good to me, I love the taste of bacon too much. Bacon is pretty much the best meat to eat in any situation to me

He's my favorite reviewer as well, he's sooo~ funny!
That last part was hilarious, with the Alien and Predator getting married, and the Predator wearing the marine's head as a veil. xDD

Thanks for the post.
Cameron[Smiley]

We can't knock the series completely, it did give us the Wolf predator. I believe the first movie had a great concept [Predator's gave humans technology, showed them how to build. Actually goes along with the actual theory] and the setting weren't too bad, but everything else from that point on sucked. AVPR was the same way, great concept [Predator assassin was sent to destroy the Predalien and other aliens] and the new weapons weren't too bad, but from their it pretty much sucked. It had some great bad-ass Wolf moments, but it was too dark and the final battle was very poor.

If a AVP3 is to ever come and save this franchise, it needs to have a vision from a person like James Cameron [or maybe Rodriguez, looks good so far] and keep the respect of both characters.

The movies weren't near the epic of the first one [The sequel to Predator could have been better], but I like to take some good points. We got Scar, Celtic, Chopper, and Wolf [and a bad-ass Predalien too].

I thought the review of the AVP Game was hilarious and I would have 2 agree when it comes to game play length of course the only reason it takes so long is due to the fact that you have to find all the collectables in the game other then that it was short after finding everything. I love the Predator mission above everything else just due to me being a fan
I have some ideas for the next game or perhaps a software upgrade, but I will wait to see if I want to post it in the game thread or not

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back