A Thorough Explanation

referring to AVP as 'dog poo' is like referring to AIDS as 'a minor cold', there is no word, term, or phrase that can do justice to the debacle and stain on humanity that is known as AVP. You couldn't even refer to AVP as 'Cinematic AIDS' and do it's horribleness any justice.

referring to AVP as 'dog poo' is like referring to AIDS as 'a minor cold', there is no word, term, or phrase that can do justice to the debacle and stain on humanity that is known as AVP. You couldn't even refer to AVP as 'Cinematic AIDS' and do it's horribleness any justice.

Haha, thats true. I believethe concept was cool, it was just executed in quite possibly the worst way possible.

If the game and/or movie was based on the AVP comic book series with Machiko Noguchi (AVP, AVP: War, etc.), then it would have been better....

(tying munson's and Bensin's movie comments in with the game ones)

---
Ei'luj

G’morning
…You think it [AVP films] would have been better if they were based on the comics/novel? I don’t. but I guess I’m weird that way, as I’m no fan of the comics or perry’s novels.
~Estelle

G’morning
…You think it [AVP films] would have been better if they were based on the comics/novel? I don’t. but I guess I’m weird that way, as I’m no fan of the comics or perry’s novels.
~Estelle

I mean at least it wouldn't screw with the canon, it could all ready at least semi accepted canonical information, instead of trying to create new stuff.

This is what gets me… what IS canon? It’s so confusing as I’ve heard some say the films, novels and comics were all canon and then there are others that say, not so. I.D.K, maybe I’m just being bull-headed… But in my eyes the comics and perry’s novels are basically are “made up stuff” and are no better than the AVP films. I personally don’t consider them ( perry books/comics) to be canon at all. The two, in my eyes takes the original Predator concept and turns it upside down.. it’s so damn different from the original pred and the pred. bible ( the novel written by Paul Monet) That I can’t swallow it. But I do see what you are saying.. as everyone is familiar with the comics and perry's books, that, had the film gone that route it would be more appreciated. You do have a point there
~Estelle

This is what gets me… what IS canon? It’s so confusing as I’ve heard some say the films, novels and comics were all canon and then there are others that say, not so. I.D.K, maybe I’m just being bull-headed… But in my eyes the comics and perry’s novels are basically are “made up stuff” and are no better than the AVP films. I personally don’t consider them ( perry books/comics) to be canon at all. The two, in my eyes takes the original Predator concept and turns it upside down.. it’s so damn different from the original pred and the pred. bible ( the novel written by Paul Monet) That I can’t swallow it. But I do see what you are saying.. as everyone is familiar with the comics and perry's books, that, had the film gone that route it would be more appreciated. You do have a point there
~Estelle
I mean it might not have been canon that was generall liked or something, but at least people were familiar with it in some manner. The first 2 Predator movies were very well in terms of establishing without blatently saying the very basics of the Predator belief system, and In P2 you realize its a big huge alien race and not just 1 lone extraterrestrial who likes to **** around on Earth every once in a while.

I think making a movie based more around the games would be a lot better -Marines Aliens and Predators all fighting each other get the old motion detectors and the aliens crawling through vents get all of that together including the synthetics with white blood.

I think a movie like that if done well enough would be quite good and far removed from the current crap.

Better to have young and elders amongst the preds too. Show a good mix of skills and arsenal :)

Well I think I'll be the first to admit that I liked the AVP movies and game and I don't know why people are hating on it so much. did the stories suck....ya they did, but I did get to see the celtic go toe to toe with an alien and I got to see a pred fight a queen. Not to mention we got new preds out of the deal plus we also got new armor, bio's and weapons. The game is very short but still its fun and you want to know why? Because I can put the game in at any time and be a Pred, Marine or alien and do exactly what they do best. so go ahead and talk your **** and put them down but at the end of the day we would all look pretty lame if we all only had P1 and P2 suits. Plus I notice more AVP armor than I do anything else. You probably own some yourself.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back