a third avp movie??

newpred

so what i've been hearing for years now is a third AVP was supposed to be out at the end of this year.... Is this true or false. If true or semi true whos got some links to some good info... Maybe some lights in the next movie will be a good start

I don't know any facts and I don't really like to say stuff with out it but from what I've read or seen from these forums and a few other sites is that Fox is pretty much done with that franchise. I really would like to see a new one if it were done properly. If only they brought on a person who knew some things about predator and alien instead of just going off the movies. I mean I wouldn't want an expert to completely control things but it would be nice to have as an advisor or consultant through the set, prop, storyboard creation and etc just to pitch ideas or correct details that would be big turn offs. I mean Hollywood still has to put their spin on stuff which is fine. I just hate it when it becomes unrecognizable crap or done in bad taste.

so what i've been hearing for years now is a third AVP was supposed to be out at the end of this year.... Is this true or false. If true or semi true whos got some links to some good info... Maybe some lights in the next movie will be a good start

if they are doing a 3 movie i hope it will be based on the deadliest of species comic books

Here is what we got so far regarding a third installement

Aliens vs. Predator Sequel Rumblings at Fox

Source:ShockTillYouDrop.com
Date: March 10, 2008

An anonymous source over at 20th Century Fox got in touch with us over the weekend to relay the news another Aliens vs. Predator sequel is a "certainty" at this point. If you recall, the brothers Strause - who helmed the Christmas release Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem - stated Fox was going to take a "wait-and-see" approach to a third chapter, furthermore, that the story would have to continue in space (details). "AVP-R" grossed a worldwide total of $128.8 million; $41 million domestically. It hits DVD on April 15th (specs and art). No word yet if the Strause brothers will return to the franchise.

Last edited by a moderator:
On the note of AVP3 I heard it would be a return to space.Then again on a new AVP spend a few years working and thinking of ideas.The Alien and the predator franchise doesnt need to be milked like twilight or guitar hero putting them out every year.Especially with predators recently.

I've heard that the franchise was dead, but then again I've been hearing it's been confirmed over the past 2 months. I think they should totally redo the franchise.
Either that, or follow the Concrete Jungle storyline:
AVPR-
Town was Nuked
CJ-Town was destroyed from Scarface's ship selfdestructing
AVPR- Wolf's technology/weapons were taken
CJ- Scarfaces weapons were stolen.
CJ- Scarface survives the exposure and is exiled on an alien infested planet for 100 years.
= AVP Concrete Jungle

But I think a redo is the best scenario for this franchise.

I'm with Extreme Gravity on this one. I'd only have one thing come back - Ian Whyte back as the Predator, he does an excellent job of really bringing the Hunter to life & his subtleties & gestures, how he moves, it really makes for an awesome performance. Other than that, I don't care what they do, as long as they're better than the past 2 movies & they don't give the Pred Puppy-Dog eyes & kill off all but 1 pred within the first 10 minutes of meeting them.

Do that & it'll be heaps better than the previous movies. But this is Fox, they're going to **** it up in some way, especially if they let Anderson back at the helm.

If the AVP franchise returns to space, they can get away with making it even darker than AVPR. In space, there is no light, unless you're close to a star, so they can make it as dark as they'd like.

Of course, they could start on Earth, and add enough plot points to turn out all the lights. They could destroy another power plant, killing all the lights in the town, and then direct an energy blast toward the police and army searchlights, destroying them as well. I'm sure that Predator technology has advanced to the point where their spaceships could take off without emanating visible light. All that's left would be the tri-laser sights and the occasional bright blast from a plasma cannon, and they're all set.

Nah, I cant see it happening. Alien is getting 2 prequels and Predators has done reasonably (?) well at the box office so the franchies will and should stay seperate??? Thats just my thoughts.

The only AVP movie I want to see is the movie adaptation of the comic Duel; and not so dark, how am I to enjoy a movie if I can't see it?

Whatever they do, they better not make it dark like the AVPR bluray. that pissed me off. haha i just posted a rant about it :p

They must stop the Alien vs Predator franchise, it is a sinking ship. They have gotten worse and worse...I concur with keeping the two species separate

its been obvious for years that the AVP and AVP 2 games for the pc have been a huge hit. they have no reason to mess up a reboot because that story line was right there in high demand before anderson wiped his **** stained hand all over it. but its not going to happen im afraid. we might see another one in 10-20 years when they feel like remaking it just like they are doing now with all the 80's horror flicks lol

Now I for one would love to see another AVP movie, unconnected to the previous 2 movies of course. The best idea I can come up with is the Colonial Marines, Come on forget the Earth based crap. An AVP movie set at some point around the Aliens timeline could really kick some ass. Keep the Preditors low key with sound effects,infrared images,maybe 1 kill scene till the movie is about 2/3rds over, then an all out , Alien vs Predator vs Colonial Marines battle royal. Game over man! game over!

if they make a 3rd film, they need to make sure the predators look even bigger and dumber and their faces look even crappier, and they need to form even closer relationships to random people, and the movie needs to end on a happy note with a song and dance

thats the only way il see it

if they make a 3rd film, they need to make sure the predators look even bigger and dumber and their faces look even crappier, and they need to form even closer relationships to random people, and the movie needs to end on a happy note with a song and dance

thats the only way il see it

i agree with this guy

i agree with this guy

Come on people! AVP and AVP 2 were AWESOME MOVIES (sarcasm). Though the predators in the first AVP were big (That's the American way, Bigger and Badder) And of course the predalien in AVP2 looked silly (no reason why the alien should have mandibles, the body is only a host, not an egg and sperm) they were entertaining... AND, I learned that Weiland and Yanti was the company in the Alien Franchise so they have some connection with each other according to the movies. However, I also do agree with mortenharket, the species should be separate, tho in Predator 2, you do see what appears to be a skull of an Alien on the Predator ship when Glover found his way on the ship, so... a third movie is possible. I just pray to the GODS that they revamp starting with AVP 1 and make a better story line. Rebuttal?

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back