A Tale of Three Vaders

You always amaze me Gino even tho i dont agree with your veiws sometime :p I am also working on an ROTJ vader i have been trying to following your example.
I will have to get the money together for one of your boxes.
Where did you get your chest armor?

<div class='quotetop'>(GundamZeppelin @ Jul 23 2006, 08:56 AM) [snapback]1285983[/snapback]</div>
You always amaze me Gino even tho i dont agree with your veiws sometime :p I am also working on an ROTJ vader i have been trying to following your example.
I will have to get the money together for one of your boxes.
Where did you get your chest armor?
[/b]

I have to say that Gino's box is the center of my ROTJ Vader. It is my favorite piece on my ROTJ Vader, hands down. It's a great investment.

<div class='quotetop'>(GINO @ Jul 22 2006, 03:33 PM) [snapback]1285668[/snapback]</div>
Actually, the belt boxes on ESB and ROTJ are identical and exactly the same. Slightly rounded corners. Only difference is the belt leather, the buckle, and how the buckle is attached.
[/b]

Interesting. Thanks for the info Gino :)

Jeremy

I'm suprised no one noticed the addition of the correct mesh on the ANH belt.

I have some more comparison shots to post if someone can host them. My guy who usually does it is m.i.a. at the moment.

The mesh is quite close Gino, but it's still the incorrect number of rows top to bottom. Looks better than most out there though.

Dave

<div class='quotetop'>(GINO @ Jul 24 2006, 01:28 PM) [snapback]1286800[/snapback]</div>
I'm suprised no one noticed the addition of the correct mesh on the ANH belt.

I have some more comparison shots to post if someone can host them. My guy who usually does it is m.i.a. at the moment.
[/b]

Actually, it is THE exact stuff. The exact number of rows vertically and horizontally. I can post more close up pics if I can get someone to host them for me.

Well at this rate GINO you sould have it all finished by 2026 ;)

The only reference to the original mesh I have is the same pic that GINO posted in his first comparison and I have to admit that his looks identical to the original. Now when GINO says EXACT I'm not sure whether he means he knows what was originally used or if he just means it looks identical? Eitherway whatever he used does the job for me.

Here's some more pics. There is still a ways to go. Next thing that will be getting updated will be the capes and robes which should be within a week or two. Helmets next.

3vaders_2.jpg

3vaders_1.jpg

ANH VADER BELT

anh_belt_1.jpg

anh_mesh_1.jpg

ESB VADER BELT

esb_belt_1.jpg

ROTJ VADER BELT

rotj_belt_1.jpg

Nope, looks correct to me.
I think the slot is a tad taller than on the real box, giving the illusion of the wrong number of rows, top to bottom.

VERY nice. My Vader costume is a ROTJ, and its pretty darn good. I have one of Gino's Chestboxes (Thatm and the ROTJ JB Helmet turned me to do ROTJ)

I also have an EXCELLENT, and very nice belt, but.. The buckle is crap :cry . I'm still keeping my eye open for a good, accurate ROTJ buckle.

Very nice. Thanks for sharing the pics Gino.
I need to locate me a accurate ANH buckle.
How wide is the leather belt for the ANH?

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back