A Start At Last

the eldest

Hi guys.
At long last, i`ve something to post.
mask painted by hand as no airbrush . for the base colour i used normal household emulsion, after preping with aquafix (pics make it look white, but its really a beige colour). a mixture of acrylics and citadel paints.sealed with plasticoat clear varnish which seems to be holding up well. backer rod dreads spayed plasticoat black. still to decide on beads.

IMG_1671.jpg

IMG_1672.jpg

IMG_1673.jpg

IMG_1670.jpg

and thought i`d give pepakura a go.P1 bio, thanks Movieman.had to upscale by 20 percent to fit mask.think the proportions came out well? will follow up when bio`s completed.
comments as always.
thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks good Tony, nice work you have got there. That bio is really gonna set your mask off once its done. Nice job my friend.

For the dread beads, try making them from craft foam. Its light and it looks good plus you an add details in (i.e. damage, effects etc) using a soldering iron.

Thanks Jason. Craft foam? So many foams, so many names? Lol

Yeah, craft foam - better known as foamies lol you can get it from hobby craft in different sizes i.e. A4. A3 etc. Niffty stuff and extremely useful with this hobby - made all my armour from it lol

Hi

are you using the [background=rgb(24, 24, 24)]pepakura to get the right size for the bio? is that how people normally do it?[/background]

[background=rgb(24, 24, 24)]cheers[/background]
[background=rgb(24, 24, 24)]JB[/background]

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back