A short, stupid question about the shape of the Sterling magazine for an E11 build.

Timmythekid

Sr Member
Sigh...really didn't want to have to come back here to ask another stupid question, but can't find an answer on Google, and images are not helping. Can anyone tell me if the magazine for the Sterling is rectangular in cross section, or is it trapezoidal like the mag-housing? The BBC plans suggest trapezoid, but the more recent, sadly now abandoned but purportedly more accurate plans on WhiteArmor seem to suggest a rectangular profile instead. I'm really hoping "rectangular", as I'm planning to cut a wooden support piece inside the magazine, and I really don't want to try and figure that out across the curved length of the thing.

Re: A short, stupid question about the shape of the Sterling magazine for an E11 buil

I don't have a photo of my Sterling magazine right now, but hopefully this shot of the MR magazine I recently sold will help since it is 99% similar to the real deal.

MR Stormtrooper blaster magazine 0.jpg

Re: A short, stupid question about the shape of the Sterling magazine for an E11 buil

Awesome - looks rectangular to me! Thanks jkno, xactly what I was hoping for!!!!

Shot this at Disney Orlando years ago. Can't vouch for the accuracy. Others will know.
attachment.php

Attachments

• Disney Trooper Blaster S.jpg
    Disney Trooper Blaster S.jpg
    445.8 KB · Views: 509

Depending on the level of accuracy you're after, mine measures approx 21mm at the front edge (top to bottom) and 22.5 at the back edge.

Sigh...really didn't want to have to come back here to ask another stupid question, but can't find an answer on Google, and images are not helping. Can anyone tell me if the magazine for the Sterling is rectangular in cross section, or is it trapezoidal like the mag-housing? The BBC plans suggest trapezoid, but the more recent, sadly now abandoned but purportedly more accurate plans on WhiteArmor seem to suggest a rectangular profile instead. I'm really hoping "rectangular", as I'm planning to cut a wooden support piece inside the magazine, and I really don't want to try and figure that out across the curved length of the thing.

SL is right, it's pretty much rectangular but a very slight trap shape, not as pronounced as the magazine well though.

The slide off cap on the end of the magazine is very much a trapezoid though taller at the back.

Thanks guys - yeah, the end cap piece always obscures the true shape of the thing in almost every pic I've seen (apart from that nice one of the cut end jkno posted above - although that looks rectangular :wacko). Okay, I think I can work with a 1.5mm larger back end. Thanks again, guys!

cyli1.jpg
Trapezoidal. The endcap is also trapezoidal, but yes the angles are slight.

here you go:

top: 28mm
buttom: 26,5 mm

qWDLZBh.jpg

See, and this is why I ended up slinking back here to ask this stupid question; this place is awesome, and between the various denizens, nothing is unknown :)

(And, dday, this is what I'm occupying my time with until finances come together and I can order up a mess of parts from you :D)

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back