A Second Try At Building My Pred-Costume ^^

nightshadow

Hi again

its been a while... (many months!!) since i last updated my thread.

I've started this new one now, since I changed the whole idea of the mask and also the costume!
The mask is gonna be a whole head now (we only learnt how to do half-masks in school, thats why its half in my previous thread)
And i figured i needed to invest more money into this project. So i'm gonna work on a full latex suit later on, and I bought some dreads from biohunter76 - and they are awesome
I gave it a try myself, but ...... FAIL!!!! hehe

lets see how it goes :rolleyes:

Heres some pics - sorry about the bad quality.....

predator.jpg

Pdreads.jpg

Great work so far,wish i was as good as you.My head failed lol

thanks! :)
well mine failed too the first time! i had too many different reference pictures, so i kept changing it all the time and i could never get it done... now i just settled for using my little Predator there (in the picture) as reference :) that worked much better!

I could only afford air dry clay,and it cracked all over.Even after spraying every 2hr with water to slow dry time,but failed.So will buy one when i get some money lol.

Thats a good start you got going there. I used on design of pred (that being P2) for the basic shape and dimensions and turned it custom. If this thread is anything like your original, this is going to be awesome!!!

Thats a good start you got going there. I used on design of pred (that being P2) for the basic shape and dimensions and turned it custom. If this thread is anything like your original, this is going to be awesome!!!

Thank you!!!

I hope so!!! ^^ i'm still doing everything as "low-cost" as possible. but i realized i had to make everything bigger and better! :D
haha i'm not sure what pred im using as reference, (i threw away the box!!!) LOL but i'm pretty sure its an AVP one :)
And its still gonna be a female-pred ;) so i will make a few changes here and there :) i'm just not sure what that is yet ^^

You don't give yourself enough credit! Keep us updated on the progress, this will be a cool one to follow...
I just got Casey's dreads as well - they're sweet.

You don't give yourself enough credit! Keep us updated on the progress, this will be a cool one to follow...
I just got Casey's dreads as well - they're sweet.

:D Thanks! I've just ordered Easy Flow, plastic to make the teeth and stuff! So thats another step in the right direction

- Question: what is the most common material to make bio's out of? anyone? :ninja:

- Question: what is the most common material to make bio's out of? anyone? :ninja:
The most popular is the Smooth-Cast 300 series from Smooth-On.
Really though, you can use any of the two part resins or even fiberglass resin.

My first bio was made from EasyFlo 95. I lean toward the slower setting stuff like the Smooth-Cast 310 also.
I've expeimented with Task-8 and Smooth-Cast Onyx from Smooth-On also in my bios.

The most popular is the Smooth-Cast 300 series from Smooth-On.
Really though, you can use any of the two part resins or even fiberglass resin.

My first bio was made from EasyFlo 95. I lean toward the slower setting stuff like the Smooth-Cast 310 also.
I've expeimented with Task-8 and Smooth-Cast Onyx from Smooth-On also in my bios.

Oh thank you! that helps me out alot!!! Then i know what to buy :D Awesome!!!!

Which EasyFlo are you getting?

That will probably be what you should consider using if your going full on sculpture then mold. You'll have the experience with it all ready.

I've used EasyFlo 120 to make my bio, teeth and dread rings, I've found it very easy to work with as long as it's mixed thoroughly.

Which EasyFlo are you getting?

That will probably be what you should consider using if your going full on sculpture then mold. You'll have the experience with it all ready.

Easy Flow 120 :)

I've used EasyFlo 120 to make my bio, teeth and dread rings, I've found it very easy to work with as long as it's mixed thoroughly.

Easy Flow 120 was the only white plastic they had at mouldlife :) So thats what i'm getting. I have some experience using that from when i went to school for this stuff, so it was also what i was most comfortable with getting

Thanks for the input guys!!! :D

I've used EasyFlo 120 when I was getting air bubbles in my blade molds. I still got very small air bubbles from the degassing that takes place while curing even after vacuum degassing. I got great results with slush casting and when I pressure cast it. Obviously, they push it for roto-casting.

My experience is that the EasyFlo is far more sensitive to proper mix ratios then the Smooth Cast is but is better when it comes to coloring since you start out with an incredible white. I've only ever added a small about of black to get greys.

(BTW, it is EasyFlo not Easy Flow)

(BTW, it is EasyFlo not Easy Flow)

so? whats the difference? :D hahaha i'm the annoying person that spells wrong
i didn't notice there was no W before now that u mention it, you might just be right! hehe

--------------------------------------
Edit:

LOL xD i just got input from a friend that easy flow could mean something totally different!!!! HAHAHA
That is hilarious :D Made my day!!!!!

Just like the other member's have said this is a great start and will make a great mask/bust when finished,some nice shapes so far!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back