A Savage question...

So I’ve been going a bit nuts on YouTube lately and have settled on binge watching the Tested videos, specifically Adam Savage’s one day builds. In particular his secret Santa imgur gift: the yellow nerf sniper rifle! It’s amazing! I love it!

So as my first build ever, I’m replicating it! The only problem is the grey metallic paint he uses for the front barrel section. I can’t get the colour right on mine and I can’t figure out what brand he used! The other Rust-oleum colours have come up a treat but this specific grey is tripping me up.

Can anyone help me identify the brand or specific colour? I have a slightly blurred screen cap but no amount of Googling has helped, so hoping someone here can. It’s the body shop paint in the attached images.
IMG_2165.jpg
IMG_2168.jpg

I cant identify the brand but it looks like a random dark metallic. And I think he used rub and buff on the barrel too. That will change the overall look of metallic paint.

PlastiKote paints are available at auto parts stores. They come in various common automotive colors.
PlastiKote might have their color chart available on their website. Then you could try to identify which color it is.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back