a repaint!

esdain

hey there,
a long time ago now i got hold of a Pirk Elder mask. i did a piss poor pait up on it but was happy, then when i sorted my airbrush i did a repaint, was happy with it for a time but decided this morning that is was ***** so out came the airbrush and i did a much better job, i am very pleased with this one and can safely say it is my best paint up so far

this is the original paint up
SV500217-1.jpg

he was pale with little colour definition, painted using game-workshop paints and a broken airbrush

here is the second rendition
SV500005-1.jpg

more defined colours, but still painted with games-workshop paints and a semi broken airbrush

and this is how he is now
SV500003.jpg

IMG_0209.jpg

SV500006.jpg

i used no reference pictures and altho it is very similar to P1 i didn't want it to be an exact reproduction. also this is the first pred head that i have managed to get a mouth colour i like, usually they are too pink.

thanks for reading

You sound proud :) and you should be! It looks great , paintjobs can really make or break a mask. Well done for sticking at it till your happy with it.

ye, it really does. i am wanting another mask now, an actual P1 would be nice so i can have a bash at painting one properly. i need to find some money, hmmm, what can i sell :)

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back