A quick method to leaving your dread holes unpainted

TehEl1te

Sr Member
Hey guys... I just wanted to share a little trick I tried when painting my mask. Generally speaking, you don't want to paint the dread holes because when it comes time to attach the dreads, you will glue the dreads to the paint and not the mask... running the risk of a weak bond or the paint chipping off and the dread falling off... the foam to latex bond with super glue is INSANELY strong. ANYWAY.... I thought to myself, "I don't want to take my time and paint all around these holes" so I went to the store and I found garage sale stickers... I saw them in 3/4in and 1in but they were out of the 1in. They are simply plain circle stickers that people use to mark a price on garage sale items. I got em... stuck em in the dread holes... painted up my mask, permawet.... the whole 9 yards... and then took the stickers off... left a perfect circle, unpainted for where the dreads got attached.

Cheap, simple, saves a ton of time and effort. I thought I'd share that with you guys. :)

It's simple and I am sure many people have thought to do it or something like it... but I wanted to share because to me atleast, it was a huge time saver. :)

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back