A question for guys experienced with ultra-cal 30

Roydraven

Hey was wondering got a question about ultra-cal 30 I have a mold but it's to messed up to fix so my dad was a concentrator
and he mentioned they used to grind old concrete up into dust and re use it again got me wondering could I do the same with
my ultra-cal 30 mold cause concrete has gypsum in it and so does ultra-cal so any one know if this is possible could I grind my mold
into dust and reuse it or should I throw it out??????

how do you plan on grinding your ultracal mold into dust? also ..what have you been pulling out of it? latex? etc? ..those elements are most likely inpregnated in the mold. Truthfully Ive never heard of doing this? I suppose you can try..just seems like way too much effort rather then just getting some more ultracal

yeah I just thought of doing it because it cost's me a bit where I live to buy the stuff so I thought would it actually work
LOL I just wanted to hear if anyone else has done it before????but yeah I'll probably just buy some more but just thought it
does seem like a waste but I've learned now in prop making there's a lot of waste involved,I have pulled one latex piece out of it
its just been sitting in the garage,with grinding my dad said maybe a concrete mixer or I just sit in the garage with a hammer slowly
breaking it down wearing a respirator LOL

how do you plan on grinding your ultracal mold into dust? also ..what have you been pulling out of it? latex? etc? ..those elements are most likely inpregnated in the mold. Truthfully Ive never heard of doing this? I suppose you can try..just seems like way too much effort rather then just getting some more ultracal

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back