a question about T-800 endo arm (T2)

Time Traveler

Hello Everyone !

I've been looking for pictures and text information about that arm for a few months, but I find that whether it's a resin statue, a paper model, or a copy of metal, there's a problem in detail relative to the movie's prop, and that's what I want to ask. to make it clear, I uploaded a photo below.

I don't know what the arc part between thumb and second finger is ? what its function is ? and is it welded between two fingers ? maybe it's a spring tube, maybe it's just a cylinder to limit the motion of the thumb… Anyway, I really don't understand. so… ask this question here.

I hope you will talk about your views and even give me a clear answer.BTW I'm sorry about my English, but I hope you can understand what I mean.

11-1.jpg

Thank you very much.

Last edited:
As for what it's made of, it's my opinion that it's some sort of spring cable. As for what it's function might be, if you look at the webbing on your own hand between your thumb and fore-finger, I assume it would support that on the endoskeleton.

I too would like to know more about this as I have an endoskeleton arm that is missing this detail.

As for what it's made of, it's my opinion that it's some sort of spring cable. As for what it's function might be, if you look at the webbing on your own hand between your thumb and fore-finger, I assume it would support that on the endoskeleton.

I too would like to know more about this as I have an endoskeleton arm that is missing this detail.

Thank you for your answer.

Before I send this post, I have considered this problem seriously, as you said, I thought that part was just an arc of a cylinder, and since it has two advantages:
1. it can limit the movement of the thumb, and when you hold a fist, it holds up the branches below the thumb and doesn't roll the finger of the thumb. To the position of the wrist (the prop is designed by the human hand, but the person's thumb can't do this),
2. It can form the concept of "webbed" (in the same way, when unfolded five fingers, the thumb and the index finger would naturally form such an arc part).

But, I don't understand, if this is done, then the second and third joints of the thumb are designed as "L7" like other joints, which is meaningless because they can't move at all (from the picture, one end of the rod is connected to the "L" of the thumb joint).and next to the rod, it's a spring tube, one end of the spring tube is connected to the "L" too, so the spring tube will also have no meaning because of the restricted motion of the thumb. But the spring tube that connects the thumb can never be just an ornament (although the complex mechanical structure looks very cool).

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back