A question about material

I would use styrene plastic. It's the same plastic used for model-kits and "FOR SALE" signs (or beware of the dog)
You should get a soft-airgun replica of an desert eagle because that is what the 10 mm is based on. Then you can add all the smaller bits and pieces with styrene.

Thanks for the quick reply!
And if I would like to build the model from scratch,
would you still recommend styrene plastic?

Thanks again:)

That looks like a prime candidate for a layered build, so any sheet material will work well.

As for what medium to use it depends on what tools you have or what you're used to working with.

I tend to work in grey cardboard where possible, because its easy to cut shape and adjust, relatively quick, requires no real tools, but still allows a really nice finish.
Or for larger projects I would use MDF.

Styrene plastic will work just as well, but like I said it comes down to preference.

ya know, lookin'at the pic fast it looks like a PS1 light gun, i have 2 which i used on my clone armour.....

best of luck on what u decide.

Thanks for all the replies guys!
First thing in the morning I'll try the possibilities:)
And if someone has got anything to add,
or a different material suggestion,
you're more than welcome to post it!

Thanks again to all of you!

If you have a supplier nearby, I would try sintra, or as I think its also called, Foamed PVC. It is thicker than styrene if you want the body of the gun solid. Then do the details, as mentioned above, with styrene.

If you have a supplier nearby, I would try sintra, or as I think its also called, Foamed PVC. It is thicker than styrene if you want the body of the gun solid. Then do the details, as mentioned above, with styrene.

So what you mean,
is that Sintra can be carved quite easy,
and so modeled in to shape,
or am I understanding this completely wrong?
Sorry for being such a noob:)
Thanks for you rely!

Last edited:
Hey I'd agree with the desert eagle grip, maybe there is some pepakura files available for that that could be scaled however required to give you a running start.
Then materials its white card and glue, resin over the top, sanded, then filled, smoothed, painted and boom.
The pepakura technique is something that's gaining popularity all the time and members here on these forums are using it to take card as a base material and make amazing life-like props.
of course depending on how creative you are the project could be done by eye if you have enough access to good reference material for the weapon. But Pepakura is definitely a good place to start searching to find in depth 'how to' instructional guides for this style of project.

Hey I'd agree with the desert eagle grip, maybe there is some pepakura files available for that that could be scaled however required to give you a running start.
Then materials its white card and glue, resin over the top, sanded, then filled, smoothed, painted and boom.
The pepakura technique is something that's gaining popularity all the time and members here on these forums are using it to take card as a base material and make amazing life-like props.
of course depending on how creative you are the project could be done by eye if you have enough access to good reference material for the weapon. But Pepakura is definitely a good place to start searching to find in depth 'how to' instructional guides for this style of project.
:)

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back