A PRINCESS OF MARS...What fresh Hell is this?!

It's going to start filming in January. I have a good feeling about this production. Wish I could work on it or at least (as a ERB fan) consult with the director and make sure he does ERB proud. I hope they make it 3 hours like LOTR to truely do the book justice. :cool

Well the large Flyer actually looks pretty good, considering;

I'm sorry, but I still can't get over those damn Tharks!

"The inspiration for Avatar"?
LOL

Also loving the badly faded scream and the pixellated logo.
Why no dialogue in the trailer? Makes the scream just sound odd...

"The inspiration for Avatar"?
LOL

Also loving the badly faded scream and the pixellated logo.
Why no dialogue in the trailer? Makes the scream just sound odd...

Why, yes...I can see it...after all, a Human on Mars, is the same as a Human being downloaded (or whatever it is) into a body of a member of a planet's indigenous population; plus, who could ever forget John Carter leading the charge against the pillage of Mars, being committed by hordes of people from Earth, attacking the planet with such superior machinery...

Rented it the other day. One word. HORRIBLE. :sickThe documentary says they filmed it in 12 days for SCYFY. ERB would be totally flabbergasted if he saw it.:eek I just hope that those who are unfamiliar with ERB's CLASSIC MARS books don't mistake this piece of garbage for the originals. Read the books and wait for JOHN CARTER OF MARS.

Rented it the other day. One word. HORRIBLE. :sickThe documentary says they filmed it in 12 days for SCYFY. ERB would be totally flabbergasted if he saw it.:eek I just hope that those who are unfamiliar with ERB's CLASSIC MARS books don't mistake this piece of garbage for the originals. Read the books and wait for JOHN CARTER OF MARS.

Oh, God, if it *was* made for SyFy, that puts the nail in it for me...

Asylum, the Z-grade mockbuster kings! I've never seen one of their movies, but I've seen other movies from their stable of directors, which is why I've never bothered. All the following titles were films made to capitalize on something else already in production.

30,000 Leagues Under the Sea 2007
H.G. Wells' War of the Worlds 2005
Exorcism: The Possession of Gail Bowers 2005
King of the Lost World 2005
Hillside Cannibals 2006
The Da Vinci Treasure 2006
Pirates of Treasure Island 2006
Snakes on a Train 2006
When a Killer Calls 2006
Bram Stoker's Dracula's Curse 2006
The 9/11 Commission Report 2006
Halloween Night 2006
AVH: Alien vs Hunter 2007
Super Croc 2007
Transmorphers 2007
I Am Ωmega 2007
Allan Quatermain and the Temple of Skulls 2008
Sunday School Musical 2008
Journey To The Center Of The Earth 2008
Monster 2008
Street Racer 2008
Death Racers 2008
The Day the Earth Stopped 2008
100 Million BC 2008
The Terminators 2009
Transmorphers: Fall of Man 2009
The Land That Time Forgot 2009
18 Year Old Virgin 2009
2012 Doomsday 2009
Paranormal Entity 2009
Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's Sherlock Holmes 2010
7 Voyages of Sinbad 2010
Mega Piranha 2010

Asylum, the Z-grade mockbuster kings! I've never seen one of their movies

Some of them are not half bad, certainly not anything great but if you are into B-Grade productions like I am there are a few gems put out by them that are decent...

Two recent ones I have seen

The Land That Time Forgot and 18 Year Old Virgin both held their own in a cheesy way... I actually think 18 Year Old Virgin was a good as any of the same themed big production releases that go direct to DVD or have very short theatrical releases...

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back