A predator showed up on my doorstep today :)

JaggerWolf

Two months ago I ordered what was supposed to be a full size latex foam filled predator - the kind that sells for about $5000 - I knew the deal was to good to be true and ended up finding out the guy I bought it from was scam artist and have been fighting with my bank for the last 2 months to get my charges back. The guy I bought it from refused to answer any of my emails even after threatening him with fraud charges as well as a small claims suit, nothing worked - finally two days ago the bank calls me and tells me they managed to make contact with the guy and he agreed that he had not shipped my item and had no intent on doing so because he was bankrupt and had lost his business.

So I got half the money I paid back yesterday on my charge card.......and today I hear a knock at my door and there are two large boxes setting there....inside them was a hard foam predator - the kind that is hollow in the back, no where near as cool as the full predator I thought I ordered but at this point I figure something is better than nothing - here are a few pics:

Made a new species out of him

Last edited by a moderator:
It wasn't anyone on the lair, it was an online store that sells alot of halloween merchandise, my advice for everyone is always do your research first before paying alot of money first, and try to set it up to only pay once a tracking number is provided.

Here's what you need.....
Picture066.jpg

Picture079.jpg

I have that same Predator that you ended up with. It sucks that you didn't get the other one. I've seen that one, and it's awesome... but if you are skilled with foams and scissors and don't mind cutting your new Predator to pieces, you can find schematics on the web to turn that standee into a full 3-D posed Predator, just like the stance in P1 when he faces off with Arnold. The schematics show where to cut him apart (basically every joint, even the knuckles), and how to put him back together, fill him, paint him, even remove the formed dreads and add loose ones. Some day when I have the room, that will be my project with my guy, but for now.. he just sits.

BigPred2.jpg.gif

Thats kinda funny because I have been sitting here thinking about filling in the back of him and sculpting out the rest of it, including the dreads. If you find a link to the page I would love to check it out.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back