A Nostromo - done!

moffeaton

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Heya gang, thought Alien fans would what to see the end resuts of my wrestling with vinyl:

n12.jpg

n11.jpg

n10.jpg

n09.jpg

n08.jpg

n07.jpg

n06.jpg

n05.jpg

n04.jpg

n03.jpg

n02.jpg

n01.jpg

VERY nice Jason!

Please tell us the history on how you managed to glue the kit and if you did something in particular for it to be keep in the promer shape and avoid later warping.

Sergio

Thanks!

I glued it with cyanoacrylate glue, but only after about a month of cutting and gluing shims into the vinyl's interior. This created an interior skeletal structure that kept the warped vinyl as straight as possible. A complete pain in the butt, and a severely daunting task, but necessary.

After it was glued, I spackled the seams with Milliput and lightly sanded. You can't really sand vinyl.... like I said - everything about this model is a challenge, but worth it!

Rock, Jason

Really excellent, one of my favourite ships. Can you go into how you did the paintjob?

I recently grappled with the vinyl Space Jockey, having never worked with vinyl before. Nowhere near as complicated as the Nostromo I'm sure but definitely quite a novel experience.

Fantastic Job - Got this one sitting on the workbench so I know what a monster it'll be to get the results you did! To answer LAs question if I remember the kit should build out to about 18" long when it's done.

This thread is more than 19 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back