A newb's idea, and questions.

thenewberserker

Hi everyone, I just recently joined, hoping to meet some like-minded people here, who could possibly help me along trhe road to making my first predator costume :) I had thought of going with what is available to me, which is mainly cardboard and foam board sheets, and perhaps using a paper mache or clay material to cover the armor components (or at least, the mask). I have yet to see any pics of cardboard Pred armor, so I wasn't really sure if it was a good idea. The only other questions I have about the rest of the suit would be:

1. Where can I get the latex to make the body and/or mask?

2. What would be the best way to paint or make the skin on the suit?

and 3. What could the dreads be made out of?

Sorry, I know I should probably have done more research, but the Pred skin was my main question, as the search link hasn't really been helping me with that topic. Any advice and/or pics to help out would be extremely helpful and very much appreciated.

I think you will find some helpful links and info among the stickied topics. Everything you have asked has already been covered. I would recommend you look back through the pages manually if the search fails you. I'm not brushing you off, just saying that everything has been covered, look around some more and you will find what you need.

The Monster Makers sells RD-407 mask latex that you can also use with the Mr. Incredible body suit method. They have a short tutorial on mask making on their site, plus an E-book that you can buy that provides a lot more detail on the process. As far as painting it goes, they sell latex mask paints and color pigments that go along well with their mask latex.

As far as dreads go, some people make them out of foam backer rods, like the kind you can find with the caulking and weatherstripping supplies at Home Depot. The more realistic dreads are made with a cold foam casting process, but getting supplies for that was so complicated that I just bought mine.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back