A new Time Bandits Map

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

merlinb

Update!
Jheilman has helped me out a lot with better source images, and now I can't leave well alone. I've been mulling over whether to update my clocks. I found this site which has a lot of old clock catalog images. Most of them are just 'similar' to the ones on the map, but I think the rectangular clock may be an exact match! The alarm clock is also very close.
I'm still trying to mangle the images to get that crappy photocopied look, but here's what I have come up with, next to the best source images I have. I haven't tried printing them yet though. I'm not sure if I prefer these boring catalog clocks to the 'more interesting' ones I started with.

Attachments

• clock1.jpg
    clock1.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 36
  • clock2.jpg
    clock2.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 35
  • clock3.jpg
    clock3.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

R5D4

Update!
Jheilman has helped me out a lot with better source images, and now I can't leave well alone. I've been mulling over whether to update my clocks. I found this site which has a lot of old clock catalog images. Most of them are just 'similar' to the ones on the map, but I think the rectangular clock may be an exact match! The alarm clock is also very close.
I'm still trying to mangle the images to get that crappy photocopied look, but here's what I have come up with, next to the best source images I have. I haven't tried printing them yet though. I'm not sure if I prefer these boring catalog clocks to the 'more interesting' ones I started with.
I don’t understand why your bothering to update the clock panels yet there are at least two big features on your map that are totally inaccurate yet you refuse to redo them.

jheilman

Sr Member
Great clock research. I agree about the bottom clock. Thought it was a pocket watch for years, but a few details didn't make sense. I have updated mine to a desktop clock with feet and at a slight angle to show the clock body as seen in vintage Sears catalog pics. Awesome find for clock 2!! The second biggest clock mystery IMHO. I'm looking through that site you linked, but do you have a link to the page with the clock you think is the best match? That will probably be a new update I make.

Missesp86

Hello again! Just a little update I thought I'd share... The Facebook post I'd shared on the Randall Costume made its way to both Michael Palin, and Mike Edmonds (Og) so now my boy is in receipt of signed photos of them both. Here's a pic of him and your map merlinb with the many photos of Mike Edmonds in his various characters

Attachments

• 20210422_181141-01.jpeg
    20210422_181141-01.jpeg
    7 MB · Views: 18

Missesp86

Missesp86 - wow, that is so awesome! I want signed photos from Og.
I don't blame you! Honestly Mike Edmonds is such a lovely guy we ebeded up having a chat on messenger and he added me as a friend, total legend. He's actually been in an award winning feature film Documentary during the Independent London film festival called "Under the Radar" it was all about his life and career, really interesting how he managed to land the roles he's had. Well worth a watch if you can find it online. I know the film maker is called Simon J Frith

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.