a new predator is born !

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

celticpred

Hi all. I have just received a mysteria models predator 1 helmet for my birthday and i am in the process of constructing and painting it. I will post pics of it once complete. Now i have the hunt bug i want to continue and make a full predator costume from scratch.(gulp).
I figured that the first thing to do was get a concept of what i want down on paper and then look at the viability of constructing it.
i am going to make the skin suit myself by buying a wetsuit and some latex and getting a mate of mine to airbrush it. After that it will be th e armour and backpack and finally the mask. I dont fancy a full mask but i have seen pics of ones that look good with the helmet on. any ideas from you guys on sculpting and what types of latex and paints work best would be gratefully received!!
my budget is going to be pretty tight so any ideas on keeping costs down would also be good.
i will post pics and updates as i go along with descriptions of how i have built the parts too.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Dakath

Great to see another Pred fan going for a suit.

But you'll have to understand that making a suit is expencive. So when you have a small budget you can have a suit but you'll feel bad when you see some suits where the builders have a bigger budget.

And the low budget you have spend allready, would be money thrown away.

So, take it slow with building your suit. If you have some money, make one part and save up for the next.

If you never worked with latex, or sculpting and casting materials, you will screw up from time to time and you'll have start over again. Those materials cost money to and you'll have to trash them because you can't use them.

So my advice is, don't rush your project. Think about how you going to make a part before starting, take advice here or else where, read a lot of huntorials.

Not that I want to scare you off :) Believe me, you'll have a lot of fun building a suit.

celticpred

try this for a body suit: http://www.thehunterslair.com/index.php?showtopic=4477, and since mysteria P1 is too small to fit normal half masks, for an undermask you can try what shockwolf did. made backer rod dreads and attached them to a cheap bycicle helmet. hope this helps

and cant wait to see some pics up

hi thanks for the info guys so far. i will probably do the head first then and i have a friend who can make some rods for the dreads for me and it will give me a less expensive chance to work with latex for the first time!!

scarface1

Hi all. I have just received a mysteria models predator 1 helmet for my birthday and i am in the process of constructing and painting it. I will post pics of it once complete. Now i have the hunt bug i want to continue and make a full predator costume from scratch.(gulp).
I figured that the first thing to do was get a concept of what i want down on paper and then look at the viability of constructing it.
i am going to make the skin suit myself by buying a wetsuit and some latex and getting a mate of mine to airbrush it. After that it will be th e armour and backpack and finally the mask. I dont fancy a full mask but i have seen pics of ones that look good with the helmet on. any ideas from you guys on sculpting and what types of latex and paints work best would be gratefully received!!
my budget is going to be pretty tight so any ideas on keeping costs down would also be good.
i will post pics and updates as i go along with descriptions of how i have built the parts too.
its nice to see mysteria still sell bios igot my first from them do they still sell scar bios???