A need help with vacuforming!

BillCipher

I have a problem. See, I'm working on a costume of Amon from Avatar: The Legend of Korra. Really cool costume, and the only real prop needed for it is the mask. However, I lack any way of making any real kind of mask. Fiberglass and bondo would be a mess, not to mention heavy. Wood would be impossible, and I have zero funds after buying a laptop so I could stay in better contact with my girlfriend, so I can't buy a pre-made one. And after so long of seeing all you guys do some really amazing work, I just really want a neat replica costume to wear, you know?
What I was wondering was, could I make an MDF and bondo base and mail that to one of you guys who has a vacuform machine, then you could make a plastic copy of it (even one of lesser quality would be fine) and mail it back to me? I would be more than willing to pay for shipping and the plastic material. I wouldn't bother anyone here, but this would save me so much time and probably fruitless effort in trying to make a full mask on my own, as I have yet to even make a successful prop or costume. I would very much appreciate any and all help in this matter. And even if you can't/won't help me, thank you for your time.

if you have access to a couple of vacuum cleaners and a couple hours you could make a vacuum former to do it yourself for next to nothing. Then you can do it yourself at very little cost.

It takes alot more work to make a vacuum forming buck than it does to make a pep/resin/bondo mask. Plus it will cost you more time and money. Just get the pep file, build it, resin it and skim coat it in bondo. Simple, easy and you will have learned several new skills after the process! Good luck!

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back