A lurker's Predator Suit

Ozgosh

Hello everyone. Long time lurker, first time poster. I finished my Predator costume three years ago. My biggest hobby is making my halloween costume each year. I try to tackle a new medium every year. Three years ago I was brainstorming for a new costume idea. The prior year I had done an "Alien" costume. My mediums were thermoplastic and fiberglass. A decided to tackle the predator, but was not very confident in pullling it off. Lo and behold I came accross the Lair. Wow. I can't begin to tell how much I learned lurking in the rooms here.

I wanted to first and foremost thank everyone in the community for your insightful posts, advice, and incredible tutorials.

I decided to finally come out of my lurker closet and post my pred suit. I also plan on starting a tutorial/diary of this years costume in the non-predator forum. This year I will be attempting a lycan from Underworld.

Now for my suit. I don't have any digital pics of me wearing it and my fat butt ain't gonna be squeezing back in that sweat suit any time soon. The Dummy form it is on is too tall and the unfinished parts of the legs show (they are normally covered by the boot).

Bodysuit: basic leotard. Cut foam muscles, covered in latex, airbrushed, finished with permawet.
Net: Went to "adult" love shop. Bought a women's one size fit all meshsuit. Got funny looks from the clerk.
Bio: Sculted (first time sculpting clay) it myself and cast sone mold. Final product in fiberglass
Head: Also scuplted, but is has no face. Permanently attached to bio.
Armor: All made from foamies.
Dreads: Backer rods sanded down and painted. Assorted junk, ribbons etc for bling.
Cannon: Used a fake security camera covered in foamies. Linked the movement to a button in my fingertips. Had camera flashbulb in the barrel.
Blades: complicated system I jury rigged but cant quite remember what. Button for it in fingertip as well.
Countdown: Simple leds, no real countdown, but I had I pod speakers inside and was able to broadcast Pred sounds.
Boots: Old sneakers. Attached rubber to bottom (womens flip flops) and gained 3 inches (I am 6'1" to begin with). Bought some monster feet from a costume shop (same thing with my hands) and just repainted them. Foamies for the win on the rest.

IMG_0015.jpg

IMG_0014.jpg

IMG_0013.jpg

IMG_0016.jpg

IMG_0017.jpg

IMG_0018.jpg

IMG_0019.jpg

IMG_0015.jpg

IMG_0014.jpg

IMG_0013.jpg

IMG_0016.jpg

IMG_0017.jpg

IMG_0018.jpg

IMG_0019.jpg

Very Very cool...Glad you became a "voice" on this forum ... I cant wait to see your Lycan suit...please keep us posted

Welcome to the Lair. Nice use of materials. I love scratch built suits. The suit looks great. I look forward to your Lycan suit. Big Underworld fan.

Ozgosh,

Welcome! Great suit, love the foamies cannon :)

I love the flashbulb idea, better than LEDs :p

---
Ei'luj

Yeah the flashbulb was a great, for about one day. It burned out after the first party. But is was.....wait for it.....legendary....while it lasted. Because it was way up the canon, it would only blind someone looking right at it, yet still cause a "disturbing" effect on those around. They were never quite sure what just happened, but sensed a disturbance in the force. I had limited space to squeeze the flash in, therefore I used disposable cameras. Went through six before I got it right. They were real, real easy to blow while wiring. Also found out that the capacitor can really knock you on your... :) i you touch it. Ouch.

I started a Lycan thread in the non-predator forum. Should get more sculpting done today and pics posted. UPS man just dropped off my order from Smooth-on. (rubs hands together)...mmmmmm.....silicone.....

this reminds me of all the predator pictures i always used to look at how his body is hecka buff but skinny at his waste one of my favorite body types

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back