A L I E N Narcissus *Completed*

Thank you very much!
Having a short break, but I'm hoping to get back to the ship soon to finalise the weathering ready for the decals.

Progress!
I have been setting out all of the markings scattered around the underside of the ship (mainly on the front), and matching them to the reference images.

Capture266.jpg

The underside is now pretty much done and is a good match to the original when overlayed.

Capture267.jpg

As a side note, I noticed that these markings change under varying lighting conditions and appear to be somewhat reflective.
This is exactly the same effect I am getting using the graphite powder, so hopefully that means I'm on the right path in terms of accuracy.

Capture268.jpg

I will now move on to mapping the decals for the underside.
More updates soon...

Thank you Peter!
Being so close to the finish it's tempting to rush just to get it done, but I keep reminding myself that after putting the effort in up to this point, I'd be disappointed with myself if I didn't stay on course until the very end.
Thanks for following along - it's the comments and encouragement that keep pushing me forward :)

The underside is finished - I'm on a roll !
I have mapped all the graphite and pen markings to the reference photos as well as all the decals.

Capture269.jpg

Capture270.jpg

I will now get these printed at 1:1 so I can use them as full sized templates - this will allow me to transfer everything on to the replica and match the digital model precisely.

Thanks!
I'm still working on this despite the radio silence :)
I'm currently painstakingly mapping the decals and markings on the top of the ship (down to the worn and missing sections of individual letters in the text!).
Not enough to post an update with yet, but hopefully soon...

Thanks Joberg - it certainly is a labour of love.
Still working on getting the top decals to match as accurate as I can (especially the iconic pinup girl)
Its taking long than I thought, but I am not going to skimp on anything at this stage.

Capture271.jpg

Has anyone released a decent decal set for the Halcyon kit? If not would you consider scaling your final set down?
I've had a couple of people make the same request over on the FB page.

I've tried aquiring a copy of the Halcyon kit, but they go for silly prices these days unfortunately.
Without it, it will be difficult to confirm if the fit and placement would work.

I am still finalising the final artwork and shopping around for someone to produce the decals for the ship.
There doesn't appear to be many places that offer (quality) custom decals. On top of that, the exchange rate for the $Aus is currently rubbish and shipping has been quoted as being virtually the same as the cost of the decals themselves!
I've just come across a company here in Australia and will contact them shortly to see if they can help *fingers crossed*!

Once the artwork is done and I've hopefully found a supplier, I'll see what could be done to offer a scaled down set.

NS4, both of us in the same boat; trying to have some decals printed for the Aries-B food tray...and no love! I'm sure that if one member of the RPF (maybe with an Etsy page) would offer those, I would jump for joy:D

My hands are tied a little for the moment as I wait to see if the decals can be printed. That wont be for at least another 6 - 8 weeks at this stage...

While I wait, I thought I would scale the model down and print a couple of smaller versions!

The one to the left is 1/2 studio scale and the one on the right is 1:72 (about the same size as the Halcyon model).

The pink is glazing/blade auto putty to remove any print lines and get the surfaces nice and flat.
The main body was printed in 3 parts and the details will be added with styrene and a resin printer which I have arriving next week

Capture277.JPG

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back