A few new pics of my Obi ANH

ob1al

Sr Member
Just replaced my 'gear', handwheel and calc bubbles thanks to other members here. :)

Thought I would share a few pics:

obiwannew0028tu.jpg

obiwannew0031rd.jpg

obiwannew0045dw.jpg

obiwannew0057vt.jpg

obiwannew0066rf.jpg

obiwannew0076di.jpg

Regards

Al

Wow good job . :) :thumbsup
I always like to see how people can improve their lightsabers.
The sink knob looks like "half as fisrt built" and this is very nice . :)

Looks fab, but do yourself a favor and put a strip pf mylar tape or even a strip of tin foil under the bubble strip so you can't see the gap in the clamp.

Originally posted by Probe Droid@Feb 4 2006, 01:55 PM
Looks fab, but do yourself a favor and put a strip pf mylar tape or even a strip of tin foil under the bubble strip so you can't see the gap in the clamp.
[snapback]1175797[/snapback]​

Thanks for the tip, I'll do that. :)

As far as I know, the grenade is real. The clamp I'm not sure about - I'm fairly sure its a replica, could it be a larbel?

I just happened to have some scotchlite reflective tape lying around, so...

obiwannew0094ev.jpg

obiwannew0109dj.jpg

Thanks again for the tip, it finishes the bubblestrip area off nicely. :)

Nice work Al, :thumbsup .

If you want to weather the bottom end (which seems to be the part most of us seem to forget), I've got a few simple tips.

1) Use some fine grit sand paper to wear the the edges of the cubes and the cap of the pommel. Go lightly - you can always weather more, but you can't undo it.

2) pick up either a triangular or square electronics file (either in Radio Shack or someplace similar) and go over the gear adding occassional gouges and dings.

Here's a closeup of the bottom half of my Obi ANH to show what I'm talking about:

Obi22A.jpg

Thanks to WC for hosting.

-Fred

Thanks mate - I probably will get round to weathring the handwheel and gear sooner or later, but for the time being it just looks...so...shiny.. ;)

Here's a pic just for fun:

obiwannew9ek.jpg

:p

As far as I can tell, your main parts are as follows...
Chen Emitter, Brass DS Grenade,Biskit clamp, Romans gear and Modern AS Handwheel.

It looks very nice and has alot of character...the emitter and grenade are some of my favorite parts...

Originally posted by ob1al@Feb 4 2006, 09:48 AM
As far as I know, the grenade is real. The clamp I'm not sure about - I'm fairly sure its a replica, could it be a larbel?
[snapback]1175813[/snapback]​

Cool Saber. Can't wait to finish mine one of these years. Judging by the clamp lever I'd say it was a Biskit Graflex (Dangit Sporak ya beat me to it :) ).

Cheers,

Dave C

Originally posted by dcarty@Feb 6 2006, 09:52 PM
Cool Saber.  Can't wait to finish mine one of these years.  Judging by the clamp lever I'd say it was a Biskit Graflex (Dangit Sporak ya beat me to it :) ).

Cheers,

Dave C
[snapback]1177525[/snapback]​

Thanks for the info (and the compliments) fellas. :)

Originally posted by ob1al@Feb 4 2006, 11:47 AM
Thanks mate - I probably will get round to weathring the handwheel and gear sooner or later, but for the time being it just looks...so...shiny.. ;)

Here's a pic just for fun:

obiwannew9ek.jpg

:p
[snapback]1175832[/snapback]​

Love the pic. :lol That's a great Vader POV shot.

Bruce

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back