A closer look at the Jurassic Park cryo-can

Does anybody know what happened to those two life size t-rexes from the lost world and the one from jp? Are they at Univeral studios?

Does anybody know what happened to those two life size t-rexes from the lost world and the one from jp? Are they at Univeral studios?

I know Universal has some resin 1:1 rex heads made from original molds.

Other then that, I know Profiles in History auctioned off a rex head from The Lost World, I don't remember if it was just a resin copy, or an original mechanical/latex head.

profiles-in-history-jurassic-park-t-rex-model-x425.jpg

Congrats Rylo! Can't think of a much bigger compliment than being included on the Blu Ray!

Yeah, but it bothers me a little that they didn't mention it was fan made but rather leads people to believe it is THE one used in the movie. :unsure

I was thinking that today - Spielberg or somebody must have the original somewhere, unless it is now destroyed. Are the staff involved in the Blu Ray so far away from the original props that they have to buy a fan made replica and pass it off as the real thing??

Like I said, big compliment, but you're right Funky Jedi - is there anyway Rylo could get some commission for this?? I hope so :D

Yeah, but it bothers me a little that they didn't mention it was fan made but rather leads people to believe it is THE one used in the movie. :unsure

The original was on display at Universal for a long time. It was really beat and missing vials. In fact, the orange o-ring (probably rotted) had been replaced w/ two red rubberbands. It's not uncommon for replica props to show up in features like this. Better to show a clean, crispy version rather than a beater anyway.

In fairness, Mr. Bell may have thought it was a production made piece he was handling. I say, give 'em a break. It's been 18 years. It's just one of hundreds of prop ideas he's come up w/ over the years. :thumbsup

I think it's great that they cared enough to track one down for the sake of making a cool clip.

Well done, them!

Last edited:
In fairness, Mr. Bell may have thought it was a production made piece he was handling. I say, give 'em a break. It's been 18 years. It's just one of hundreds of prop ideas he's come up w/ over the years. :thumbsup

I think it's great that they cared enough to track one down for the sake of making a cool clip.

Well done, them!

Very classy of you Ry. I admire your stance on this immensely. Kudos. :thumbsup (I view it as complimentary as well. Obviously they know quality when they see it.)

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back