A Christmas story

Seanbell

I built kids that look Like the kids from the movie a Christmas story. Long story short after a divorce I'm rebuilding them .
How do I post pics in this thread. ?
I plan on building flick with arms that flap like his did in the movie. I've tossed around the idea of using a wiper motor but not sure that's the easiest route to take. Any input would be great
Also is there any suggestions as to how to get the faces of the characters 3d printed?

Dang, sorry to hear; sounds like an unfortunate circumstance. Now's your chance to improve on v1 though! :)

Posting pictures can be confusing. There's a post on it somewhere in the help forums, I believe, but to make things simpler... the best way to do it is to have them hosted on a 3rd party site. I believe most people use Photobucket, as they provide a pretty good deal of space, for free. Once you upload a picture there, if you click on it, there are several boxes, to the right, which have various link options. Click on the box for "Direct link" and it will automatically copy the link to your clipboard (the box will turn yellow, and say "copied"):

photobucket_links_zps1bugtvwb.png

To insert the picture in your post, look for the icons across the top of the "Add to the Conversation" thing, and you'll see one that kind of looks like a picture frame:
rpf_photo_icon_zpszjfoegf0.png

Click that, and it will open the Insert Image dialog. From there, choose the tab for "From URL" and paste in the URL you copied from Photobucket. Click OK, and *poof* image. Easy! :)

rpf_photo_fromurl_zpstzni02pm.png

Note: It's not infallible, so make sure your images actually show up, once the post saves. Sometimes you'll just see "attachment-000.jpg" or something like that. If that happens, just edit your post, and try inserting them again.

Regards to your other questions, I'm not very mechanically inclined, but hopefully someone here has some thoughts. If not, there are some videos on Stan Winston which cover a wide variety of animatronics, and would likely be a good help. Not free though. (but if you're getting into a lot of this stuff, a subscription to the site, while pricey, is absolutely worth it)

For printing the faces, do you already have them modeled in 3D? If so, there are many sites which can do that for you, Shapeways being fairly popular. Be prepared for a little sticker shock though. If you need to have them modeled as well... sorry, I'm not much help there either. If you have physical sculpts of them, you could have them scanned, and then see previous suggestion for printing. :)

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back