A Christmas Story sequel

Yes. Basically, all exterior shots were at the house in Cleveland. Any shots looking out a door or window, like the leg lamp scene, looking out at the father across the street, or Ralphie shooting Black Bart, were also shots done in Cleveland, as they needed to see the outside. The rest of the interior shots were all on a soundstage in Canada. The actual house was not even laid out like it is in the movie, as they weren’t going to be shooting inside, so the soundstage layout was made to look different. Note in the movie, there is a dinning room between the living room and the kitchen… it’s not present if you tour the house. When Brian Jones bought the house, he gutted it and reconfigured it to match the film as close as possible, but it still is not the interior seen in the film. That is a point of confusion for many who visit the house and do the tour, and the tour guides are often untrained and give out false information.

You can see renovation photos here:

Wow I had no idea

Yep. But to the average person, they don’t always know that. It’s frustrating when the ACS house is purposely vague so the people visiting are mislead to think the actual key scenes were where that are standing, lol. Most people don’t realize that the street scene was a splicing between Cleveland and Canada as well. When Randy leaves the house behind Ralphie, in his snow suit after the “I can’t put my arms down scene”, they are in Cleveland. Then when Randy gets pushed down, they are in Canada. It has a long shot where Ralphie and Flick look back at Randy, and you see the house in the back, that is Cleveland. Then they cut back to Ralphie helping Ian up, and that is back to Canada. They did such a great job editing, that most people wouldn’t even know. ;)

Yep. But to the average person, they don’t always know that. It’s frustrating when the ACS house is purposely vague so the people visiting are mislead to think the actual key scenes were where that are standing, lol. Most people don’t realize that the street scene was a splicing between Cleveland and Canada as well. When Randy leaves the house behind Ralphie, in his snow suit after the “I can’t put my arms down scene”, they are in Cleveland. Then when Randy gets pushed down, they are in Canada. It has a long shot where Ralphie and Flick look back at Randy, and you see the house in the back, that is Cleveland. Then they cut back to Ralphie helping Ian up, and that is back to Canada. They did such a great job editing, that most people wouldn’t even know. ;)
The hocus pocus house is alittle over a hour away from where I am

Kind of the same thing, I never realized the house was on the water, and I mean throw a stone in the bay..

And the widows walk is much smaller in real life then what was shown on tv

I seriously doubt they filmed inside.. well maybe where dining area but definitely not the bed room

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back