A Christmas Story... Red Ryder ad on the back of the Boy's Life Magazine

whoever

Sr Member
As seen when Ralphie is coming out of his dream sequence from Higbee's dept store window, the ad on the back of the boy's life magazine was a fabricated piece. I was able to get about 65% of the imagery done based upon close observation of the blu-ray, as well as using actual period Red Ryder ads, but I'm falling short of both time and energy to finish it based upon my ongoing home remodel. Anybody interested in taking what I've done and running with it? I was using a few year old version of photshop.

The back cover of this magazine (it is a completely fabricated ad for the back cover, it did not exist in any Daisy marketing material).

Boys_Life.JPG

Love that film. Love it even more because I had one of those when I was little:) That is a great start.
I've actually put together High-res of the front cover of the magazine, as well as the front and back inside covers, just needing the fabricated ad used for the back cover in the movie. I was going to print them out double sided so you could just get a period boy's life magazine, remove the cover, and staple the new duplicate cover (with the fabricated ad) to it, and have a reasonable fascimilie of the movie prop.

A little off the subject but is there an accurate Red Ryder bb gun box available anywhere (I know about the the retro red Ryder boxes currently at Walmart).

Sean

A little off the subject but is there an accurate Red Ryder bb gun box available anywhere (I know about the the retro red Ryder boxes currently at Walmart).

Sean
There was a shop on Etsy that was making the box and the window display sign, but they might be on hiatus right now. The box isn't showing up in my favorites.

As seen when Ralphie is coming out of his dream sequence from Higbee's dept store window, the ad on the back of the boy's life magazine was a fabricated piece. I was able to get about 65% of the imagery done based upon close observation of the blu-ray, as well as using actual period Red Ryder ads, but I'm falling short of both time and energy to finish it based upon my ongoing home remodel. Anybody interested in taking what I've done and running with it? I was using a few year old version of photshop.

The back cover of this magazine (it is a completely fabricated ad for the back cover, it did not exist in any Daisy marketing material).

Boys_Life.jpg
Did you ever get this done?

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back