A challenge for you hunters

metalalchemist

Hi guys, I was looking into ways to paint latex, rubber and all those elastic materials.
Unfortunately, I live in a third class country which has no knowledge of any type of elastic paints, varnishes, plastidip, etc...
Any ideas on the paint I could use for this type of material? And I am talking about really cheap, common stuff (ie: craft acrylic or something)
Any input will be greatly appreciated.
Regards.

p.s. Does anybody has pics of painted fabric skins (can´t use the latex method as I would probably die here XD)

You can use any acrylic or water based colours if you are painting by hand, acrylic inks if you are using an airbrush.
You will have to mix them with liquid latex if you can get hold of some, 50/50 mix with white or grey for an undercaot (make sure to wash and dry the latex peive to be panted first) ...then 80/20 (colour/latex) for the rest of the colours.
You will then need to seal the final peice with a flexible water/acrylic based clear varnish.
Hope this helps....and good luck

You can use any acrylic or water based colours if you are painting by hand, acrylic inks if you are using an airbrush.
You will have to mix them with liquid latex if you can get hold of some, 50/50 mix with white or grey for an undercaot (make sure to wash and dry the latex peive to be panted first) ...then 80/20 (colour/latex) for the rest of the colours.
You will then need to seal the final peice with a flexible water/acrylic based clear varnish.
Hope this helps....and good luck

Thanks Skunk.
Do you know if krylon is flexible? That´s probably the most sophisticated thing I can find here. (y)

nope. krylon is not flexible.

do you have rubber cement? that can be mixed with cheap acrylics. rubber cement is like what they use to patch tire tubes.

i have never used it. there are a few posts about it.

here's one.

http://www.thehunterslair.com/index.php?sh...er+cement+paint

go to the how to build a pred forum and search rubber cement paint.
then go to the last page and search forward through the threads. the older posts will talk about it.
there should be a few more threads that discuss using it.

apparently you do thin it with something, but it's highly toxic and you should use a respirator outside.

i have never used it. there are a few posts about it.

here's one.

http://www.thehunterslair.com/index.php?sh...er+cement+paint

go to the how to build a pred forum and search rubber cement paint.
then go to the last page and search forward through the threads. the older posts will talk about it.
there should be a few more threads that discuss using it.

apparently you do thin it with something, but it's highly toxic and you should use a respirator outside.

Thank you very much!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back