Want to Buy a C3PO and an R2D2 full size statues or shells for land speeder

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

TXarmory

DONE / COMPLETED. I bought both a C3PO and an R2D2 for the speeder. See them at a comic con in Texas soon. Thanks guys.

I couldn't find a button or any way to mark this thread as DONE, so i wrote the above. If there is a way, someone please let me know. Thanks.

*******************************************************************************************************************************************************

I would like to buy a full C3PO and / or an R2D2 full size statue or shell costume so that I can sit them on the back of my X-34 Landspeeder.
Either finished or kit parts or a restoration project. I'll consider all good options. When we take the Speeder to conventions it would be nice to have the droids sitting on the back of the Speeder or standing behind it. I'm open to suggestions.
IMG_1703.JPG
more pictures at RealMovieToys.com

Last edited:

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Nicksdad

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I have one of those kits of C3PO that was sold many years back.
It's resin and I believe was taken off of the Don Post statue.

TXarmory

I have one of those kits of C3PO that was sold many years back.
It's resin and I believe was taken off of the Don Post statue.

Are you wanting to sell it? Do you have any pictures and a good description? How far from Fort Worth Texas is it?

TXarmory

I'm in California and I do want to sell it.
View attachment 427743

PM a $ price please. I have shipping accounts on all the major carriers so if you can box it up well protected, I'll arrange the shipping. Can you elaborate on the construction details. How sturdy / fragile is it? Approx weight. You've owned it quite a while, how accurate do you think it is? What are some areas that need correcting or improving? I can fix just about any detail, Id just like to know what is needed. I'm no C3PO expert. I never needed one until I finished the speeder.

TXarmory

I am still in the market to buy a C3PO and RD2D statue, or costume, or prop of any kind that would look OK sitting on the back of the landspeeder. It does not need to be a great example of either droid, but something close enough for wide view picture taking. My purchase budget is about $500 each droid. At that low price I am expecting something pretty rough that still needs filling and finishing. Whats out there? Any old junk starter projects?

On Ebay I've found some of these "gold robot butler" statues for about $900. Has anyone seen one of these in person who can speak to their accuracy or quality? What do some of you C3PO experts think, just from the picture? I assume I could cut it at the hips and knees and maybe shoulder joints to position it in a sitting position on the speeder. Opinions? Suggestions? Don't be shy. (which no one on this site is, thankfully)
C3PO butler statue.JPG