A Boy and His Dog

NAZGÛL

Sr Member
A%20Boy%20and%20His%20Dog%20Wallpaper%201.jpg

I dont know how many has seen it. Im a fan of post nuclear stuff. The film is interesting. Very dark and the world seems lost, and except the supernatural dog and the underground society it feels quite believable.

The Fallout series has borroverd alot from it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfE1Mi_4u7o&feature=related

I caught it on youtube before it got taken down and it's not bad. I'm still looking for a copy of the book. Amazing how hard some of these old novels are to find.

It's ok for what it is, but visually it's a weird take on the story, with the pancake make-up, etc. I've always liked Don Johnson though.

Your local library probably has the original story either in one of Harlan's books or in an SF anthology. Also check ebay for an old paperback. Most of Harlan's stuff is OP.

It's ok for what it is, but visually it's a weird take on the story, with the pancake make-up, etc. I've always liked Don Johnson though.

Your local library probably has the original story either in one of Harlan's books or in an SF anthology. Also check ebay for an old paperback. Most of Harlan's stuff is OP.

Half the time searching for the books is more fun. I actually stumbled across On The Beach at my old shrink's office in a donation box:lol.

I've loved the film since I was a kid. I'm also a fan of the genre.

LQ Jones didn't direct a lot, he's obviously more known as a quirky character actor, but I always thought he did a good job with this one.

I have not read the book either. I might have to check it out.

I'm dragging this up since my kid insisted on watching this last night.
The movie is surprisingly enjoyable. It's hokey, dark 70s film making on a budget but succeeds in story telling and was refreshing not to have CGI in your face all the time.
We might start a 70s film fest this week. :cool:(y)

Yeah, I rewatched it recently as well. It gets the story line across no problem. As you pointed out, low budget and proof you can still make a decent picture with a low budget as long as the character's plight can be relatable.

I remember watching this movie in the early 80's when a local theater was showing this at a Midnight Show. I previously had read the Short Story, was this made into a regular novel?

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back