A big prop and costume auction. LOTS of Harry Potter used items, Avengers, Captain America, Star Wars, etc. etc.

Daffy

I looked around and didn't see a thread about this auction, so here goes:

Sorry for the short notice, but I just found this one myself. It is set to go off on Sunday.

Voldemort's Wand!
H4971-L224934326.jpg

H4971-L224934234.jpg

H4971-L224934468.jpg

H4971-L224934331.jpg

H4971-L224934620.jpg

H4971-L224934432.jpg

H4971-L224934668.jpg

H4971-L224934670.jpg

H4971-L224934657.jpg

H4971-L224934309.jpg

Don't forget the 23% buyer's premium and $25 packing and handling fee per lot won. Also, I suggest you read their Facebook reviews.

The largest collector of Harry Potter in North America says the Voldemort wand is fake. "They range in color from a creamy yellow to a near white depending on the film and who made them." Picture below is a real one.

IMG_8785.JPG

Last edited:
The largest collector of Harry Potter in North America says the Voldemort wand is fake. "They range in color from a creamy yellow to a near white dpending on the film and who made them." Picture below is a real one.

View attachment 1347773

That's VERY good to know, even though I would not have been shelling out what they want as the minimum...

Becareful with his auctions. He is known to have fakes in them. Even when collectors point out the fake item to him. He will just ignore them and still push the sale forward. Yes, some times the best auction houses get fooled too. Yet they know to pull the item if It’s proving to be fake.

With that said, please do your homework on items you like and may bid on in the future. many people will help you out if you have questions on stuff.

I did bid on his auctions though after reading the reviews, Im glad I am only shelling out for probably under 30 overall due to having got a call sheet. I did see a lot of his lots went unsold as well. Probably will skip this auction in the future, though.

A good example of an ambiguous to nothing description. A synopsis of a classic film and NOTHING on the offered prop itself. CHINATOWN was made at Paramount, which was the home to Stembridge Gun Rentals, who supplied the weapons for the film. Even stunt pistols are recorded on the rental sheets by serial number which matched the hero gun, in most cases. Even lacking that, they would at least have a line entry on the sheet. And, what a crudely made piece it is. No idea why it is gold as real 1908 Colts are chromed. Yet, someone paid $600 hammer for it...

" Chinatown (1974) - Faye Dunaway (Evelyn Mulwray) Colt Model 1908 Vest Pocket Stunt Pistol. Made of foam rubber. Stunt colt model 1908 vest pocket pistol used by "Evelyn Mulwray", played by Faye Dunaway in the Roman Polanski directed neo-noir mystery film 'Chinatown' (1974), starring Jack Nicholson and Faye Dunaway. The film was inspired by the California Water Wars, a series of disputes over southern California water at the beginning of the 20th century, by which Los Angeles interests secured water rights in the Owens Valley. Evelyn Mulwray (Faye Dunaway) draws a Colt Model 1908 Vest Pocket during the finale in the Chinatown section of LA, using it to wound her father Noah Cross (John Huston). "

H4971-L224934717_original.jpg

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back