A Better Sheikah Slate (than my previous one)

Souklin

The first replica I made was a Sheikah Slate from BotW, and I decided that it lacked a certain quality and worked from the ground up to create a new one, re-creating templates and doing it differently by using foam instead of foamcore and lots of filler, as well as doing the painting a little differently and making the handle completely from foam, rather than repurposing a water pistol handle.

Pre paint.png

The front details were still made from Milliput but the eye on the back was amde from balsa wood to prevent warping which happened on the first one. The painting was done entirely with an airbrush after I'd gotten one and found that I prefer to use one over canned spray paints, the details underneath the milliput details were painted onto the slate first this time which I think gave a cleaner look.

pre assembly front.jpgpre assembvly back.jpg
final back.jpgfinal front.jpg

If you guys have made your own Sheikah Slate or other BotW props I'd love to see them!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back