89 Keaton Batmobile

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Neo-uk

I'm going to be uploading some pics of the work I've been doing on my 29 inch studio replica.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Vacformedhero

Sr Member
Subscribed , interested , is this a fibreglass model? are you adding moving guns ? Any details of this kit origins , thanks for sharing

Neo-uk

Next job was to get some new gun covers made.
I opted to go for laser cut ones as some of the corners are pretty tight.
Once they were done I sliced the front in two so I could trap the mesh between the layers.
Gun covers (8).jpg

Gun covers (7).jpg

BTTFSpencer

Sr Member
Very good work. I am doing something very similar to what you have done in that I am cutting open my gun doors as well to replace them with new parts. My edge strip is a little bit thinner than yours, I tried to match the 1:1 car on that detail, even though it doesn't really matter.

I'm hoping somebody makes a perfect 3D printed set of engine grilles, that'll encourage me to get into my build again. :D

Would you be willing to make an extra set of laser cut gun doors? I think those look great! I'd love to add them to my build.

rbeach84

Sr Member
This seems to be a fabrication paradigm that is coming up more & more: 3D print, then use as masters for casting.
Way cool.
R/ Robert

Neo-uk

Petrol caps next..

Take a couple of these,

...a few minutes in the lathe and the addition of some carved sheet plastic

[/url