8-D-8 DROID HEAD FINISHED - SHOW OFF THREAD

Love the work on this. I don’t remember seeing it when it was originally posted. Thanks to Indy for the pump.

8–D-8 has been a great part of the Book of Boba Fett.

Yes, it's a great sculpt/kit and I'd encourage anyone on the edge to look for one or show interest in a new run - it's a really fun addition to the collection.

Here is mine:

IMG_4274_small.jpg

IMG_4277_small.jpg

IMG_4278_small.jpg

IMG_4279_small.jpg

IMG_4280_small.jpg

I still have to finish the mounting for display so that I can easily switch on the eye LEDs, but the painting/weathering is complete. I tried to match scratch and paint fleck details from the original from achives and exhibit photos. I used vintage photodiode grills:

IMG_6519_small.jpg

Dan

You did a really nice job on that build Dan!

I have just returned to the UK after a couple of months,not watched any book of boba yet. I will start a junkyard thread soon, kits are in stock btw

Yes, it's a great sculpt/kit and I'd encourage anyone on the edge to look for one or show interest in a new run - it's a really fun addition to the collection.

Here is mine:

View attachment 1535151
View attachment 1535152
View attachment 1535153
View attachment 1535154
View attachment 1535156

I still have to finish the mounting for display so that I can easily switch on the eye LEDs, but the painting/weathering is complete. I tried to match scratch and paint fleck details from the original from achives and exhibit photos. I used vintage photodiode grills:

View attachment 1535157

Dan
Outstanding job sir. Can you share the model photo tube for those vents?

Outstanding job sir. Can you share the model photo tube for those vents?
I did post it before with the correct copper ones inside, it's just a lottery but i have the actual model number on the ones that were copper.......

i'll be back!

here you go

Last edited:
I did post it before with the correct copper ones inside, it's just a lottery but i have the actual model number on the ones that were copper.......

i'll be back!

here you go

Thanks Z. I saw that post and I’ve cracked 4 of those so far and nopers. Maybe it’s me. Lol

Thanks Z. I saw that post and I’ve cracked 4 of those so far and nopers. Maybe it’s me. Lol
Like I said it seems to be a complete lottery what's inside... THEN if you do find copper ones, the orientation might be incorrect (for 8d8 anyways)
Out of 12 copper ones I only have 4 which were correct for my own 8d8 head to be screen accurate... I was a bit miffed about that!

Z

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back