8-D-8 DROID HEAD FINISHED - SHOW OFF THREAD

zorg

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Well this took way longer than expected, sorry about that. not an easy or quick paint job.

i think i found accurate colours for the eye sockets and cheeks. humbrol matt wine no. 73 and humbrol matt ochre no. 83. i did several tests and photos with and without flash, i'm confident these are a close match with the ref i have.

i have fake power wires up to the head (blue n brown) and even an inventory sticker i found (not accurate and can be removed) and put it on the head base plate for the hell of it. lights are powered by a 3v twin AA battery pack which is inside the head.

the paint job is rough.....because the real one is rough,

there are so many little things that go completely unnoticed, like all the silver scratches , i though some of those were touch ups done at a later date but no they are on screen, you just have to look.

i have included the dent on the front cheek (its left) the dent on the rear and the paint blob on the rear side (its right) also a piece of black elastic holding the fake wires up against the neck, third rung down....again present on the real one.
sqcOnqE.jpg

ogwnQvL.jpg

ENRIqou.jpg

nMoJ80s.jpg

ZY3tLAR.jpg

jDeuZCC.jpg

M0UnBGU.jpg

9VeOD5G.jpg

CcUOM78.jpg

original for reference
2QqrYIU.jpg

rc7j4TP.jpg

6bIkis2.jpg

build thread here

can i put my feet up now?

z

Last edited:
First, I read the title too fast before I looked at the pictures and thought "man, BB-8 looks weird."
Second, it looks awesome!
Third, that face will haunt my nightmares for years to come. Seriously. Don't have that sucker lit up if you're shuffling to the bathroom at night or something.

Man that looks great! You nailed it! The details are so crisp, especially the dynodes. & your paint job & weather are spot on. :D (y)

Yeah, I know it is on the lucasfilm prop for inventory control, I was just wondering why it was on the OP’s prop.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back