8-D-8 DROID HEAD FINISHED - SHOW OFF THREAD

DazzlerFan

Love the work on this. I don’t remember seeing it when it was originally posted. Thanks to Indy for the pump.

8–D-8 has been a great part of the Book of Boba Fett.

3DImpact

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Yes, it's a great sculpt/kit and I'd encourage anyone on the edge to look for one or show interest in a new run - it's a really fun addition to the collection.

Here is mine:

IMG_4274_small.jpg

IMG_4277_small.jpg

IMG_4278_small.jpg

IMG_4279_small.jpg

IMG_4280_small.jpg

I still have to finish the mounting for display so that I can easily switch on the eye LEDs, but the painting/weathering is complete. I tried to match scratch and paint fleck details from the original from achives and exhibit photos. I used vintage photodiode grills:

IMG_6519_small.jpg

Dan

zorg

Master Member
You did a really nice job on that build Dan!

I have just returned to the UK after a couple of months,not watched any book of boba yet. I will start a junkyard thread soon, kits are in stock btw

Cameron

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Yes, it's a great sculpt/kit and I'd encourage anyone on the edge to look for one or show interest in a new run - it's a really fun addition to the collection.

Here is mine:

View attachment 1535151
View attachment 1535152
View attachment 1535153
View attachment 1535154
View attachment 1535156

I still have to finish the mounting for display so that I can easily switch on the eye LEDs, but the painting/weathering is complete. I tried to match scratch and paint fleck details from the original from achives and exhibit photos. I used vintage photodiode grills:

View attachment 1535157

Dan
Outstanding job sir. Can you share the model photo tube for those vents?

zorg

Master Member
Outstanding job sir. Can you share the model photo tube for those vents?
I did post it before with the correct copper ones inside, it's just a lottery but i have the actual model number on the ones that were copper.......

i'll be back!

here you go

Last edited:

Cameron

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I did post it before with the correct copper ones inside, it's just a lottery but i have the actual model number on the ones that were copper.......

i'll be back!

here you go

Thanks Z. I saw that post and I’ve cracked 4 of those so far and nopers. Maybe it’s me. Lol

zorg

Master Member
Thanks Z. I saw that post and I’ve cracked 4 of those so far and nopers. Maybe it’s me. Lol
Like I said it seems to be a complete lottery what's inside... THEN if you do find copper ones, the orientation might be incorrect (for 8d8 anyways)
Out of 12 copper ones I only have 4 which were correct for my own 8d8 head to be screen accurate... I was a bit miffed about that!

Z

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.