8.5-foot EPV / TESB Star destroyer reference?

star-art

Sr Member
Someone was asking me for help in locating good photos of the 2nd generation studio miniature from EPV / TESB. I know there are lots online in various spots. Mine are stored away and not indexed so I have never posted much.

Anyway, this could be a good thread to "index" the best sources available on the Web. Can you guys reply with any good links?

Thanks!

I've got pics taken at the Sydney show, which I'd be happy to put up, but don't have the hosting space. They're all sorted into categories like the page with Jim Creveling's pics, but there are a lot, about 600 in all. I got creative and took mosaicable pics down the side of the case, long-distance side views on zoom to reduce parallax, pics with the camera on top of the case looking down, etc etc. In conjunction with the great Star Wars Chronicles pics, they should be useful for anyone who wants to get the proportions right. Anyone got hosting space??
Cheers,
Martyn

Hi Guys!

That's great!
I can't wait to see these photos!
icon_smile.gif

Adolfo,

Hey Martyn

I might be able to spare 100-200 MB of space to your pictures. I have to check how much junk I have stuffed on my webhotel right now.

/Niels

I took a TON of Picd at the Mom when it was in Brooklyn. StudioScale was kind enough to poist them. There's about 80 hi-res pics. Some of them have a flash glare... Its hard to take pictures of a model encased in plaxigals in a dark room without the flash getting in the way...grrrr. Anyway the pics are in order as you go around the model. In other words the pics before and after the pics you are looking at are next to the pic you're lookikng at. I hope these help you out
icon_wink.gif

http://www.studioscale.com/referencephotos.htm

Jedi Dade

Thanks Charles and Niels! The pics average about 650KB-1.2MB so the total file size is pretty big, but they can be resaved at a higher compression with very little apparent loss. PM me if you want to go ahead. I can send you a CD, email you pics in stages, or whatever. If the total filesize is too much we could easily share the pics out, some on my server and some on each of yours, if you think they're worth it.

Nice pics, Jedi Dade. BTW I totally second your gripe. With digitals, it can be relatively easy to get good pics even in dark conditions, provided you have a steady hand. Or a tripod, which I took, but was not allowed to use except for the ISD pics - it was out in the foyer with plenty of space, so safety wasn't an issue there. So anyway, you can turn off your flash and shoot away happily, I took flash and flashless pics of most areas to be on the safe side. What is a total pain with my digital is that the autofocus manages to lock on the glass half the time, and the tiny screen doesn't make this easy to notice. I threw away half my pics due to bad focus!

My *next* digicam will have a proper SLR-style focus ring; I'd recommend anyone interested in model photography to AVOID any digicam without one. The button-operated manual focus on my Casio is poxy.
ohwell.gif

Cheers,
Martyn

Unfortunately the Brooklyn MoM was VERY dark (as you can see if you look inthe background of the pics I took). I tried taking without a flash, but it was so dark that you couldn't see anything past the general shapes! With the flash I had to angle the camera to try and reflect the flash away while still lighting the model - pain in the a$$ it worked most of the time but I did get a few bad pics out of it... Its still pretty good reference since I took them in order next to each other when one pic was flashed the same detail usually appears in the next (or previous) pic...

Hope they help!

Jedi Dade

This thread is more than 19 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back