6' ANH Blockade Runner - Replica Build

And Pt 2 continued of this update... port side.

bod12.jpg
bod13.jpg
bod14.jpg
bod15.jpg

As much, and possibly more so, than being absolutely impressed with your work and that it CAN be done, I am grateful you are doing it. To me, the model you are building helps to preserve, in a historical value, the importance of the originals, and removes being so precious from the equation. Not that this model isn't now also precious. The difference is, we have a chance of seeing it, exploring it, interacting with it, even if in photos.

LOL!! Thank you all!!
DocH - that was very kind, most kind of you to say all that! Thanks!

OK, another update, some pics of the LEFT/PORT side and engine.

Again, this is still VERY MUCH a work in progress. I still have to finish connecting the engine, inserting that 'pillow' bulkhead section to the front of it. All the painting/weathering still has a ways to go. This is all the 1st an 2nd 'layers', more to add, then a final 'mist' overspray.

Thanks again for all the support!
-Sean

Left side Engine, then moving forward:
le1.jpg

ls2.jpg

ls3.jpg

ls2a.jpg

ls4.jpg

And here's the 'door', love all the details they put in here from the original 'Pirate Ship' that they maintained.
lsd.jpg

lsd2.jpg

As much, and possibly more so, than being absolutely impressed with your work and that it CAN be done, I am grateful you are doing it. To me, the model you are building helps to preserve, in a historical value, the importance of the originals, and removes being so precious from the equation. Not that this model isn't now also precious. The difference is, we have a chance of seeing it, exploring it, interacting with it, even if in photos.
Your words are well chosen. The Star Wars builders of these Studio Scale models on this thread reach out to the wonder and enjoyment of many and will do so for generations.

Blown away yet again Sean!.
Such a treat every one of your updates & to see this iconic miniature being realised. Loving seeing the details replicated part for part...as i said...always a treat & always a huge smile comes across my face gazing at your pics.

Your words are well chosen. The Star Wars builders of these Studio Scale models on this thread reach out to the wonder and enjoyment of many and will do so for generations.

Wonderfully said...my sentiments exactly!.
These replica miniatures are true labors of love & the joy they give the builder & also the folks that follow along the build in pictures & for those that see them in person is simply priceless.

So here's the Engine Section. A bit of the initial build up shown, using Acrylic Tubes and assembly, the side 'boxes' that I 3D printed and applied to the Tubes, then some pics of the paint build up.

View attachment 1531136View attachment 1531137View attachment 1531138View attachment 1531139View attachment 1531140View attachment 1531141View attachment 1531142View attachment 1531143View attachment 1531144View attachment 1531145
Very nice work! Awesome commitment to original detailing. I think I found the engine nozzle detailing I'll go with on my Cargo Ship. Keep it simple like these. Previously I was unable to locate any of the T bar plastic strips, even on Plastruct & Evergreen Amazon pages. Any suggestions on a good place to order them?

And then the painting/weathering. Painting not yet completed, but a start...
View attachment 1531146View attachment 1531147View attachment 1531148View attachment 1531149View attachment 1531150View attachment 1531151View attachment 1531152

After assembling the Tubes to the Engine core, added the rest of the Greeblies in front of the double 'fans'

View attachment 1531153View attachment 1531154

Sneak peak at the Body with the Engine.

View attachment 1531155
Man these parts are looking awesome. Makes me want to build!

Interesting that certain folks have such a broad range of skills at a master level. Not just that of an artist, but a researcher and builder. Those who appreciate what was created 46 years ago by this modeling technique are transported, as if by a time machine, when looking at these photos. Love the ANH Blockade Runner same as the Falcon. Need to watch the movie again with my 53 year old Star Wars addicted son.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back