6' ANH Blockade Runner - Replica Build

Re-read your thread and update. Great construction sequence capped off with beautiful pictures. You and the other Star Wars veterans on this site set the bar on skill & fidelity. The pleasure in viewing overcomes my envy.

My god Sean..... Your falcon blew me away. I look upon this with the upmost admiration. Your attention to detail is amazing! And I'm a bit sad as I know I'll never again be able to work on something so great. I got to build the cockpit for the Orlando exhibit which Im greatful for.... being in the company of so many old friends. I'm even contemplating selling my huge storage locker packed full of 100's of vintage kits to the right person at this point. I just feel there is only so much I can hold on to. That being said watching something like this come to life is a real treat. You sir are a real model builder. I'm jealous but in a very loving way! Bring it home, you got this!!

Wow, wow, wow! Fantastic paint job on an already gorgeous model. Didn't realize how big the model was until the last picture....

You Guys are AWESOME! Thank you ALL for the kind words - this is definitely been a challenging project. It must be noted that the amazing architecture/design of the base model structure is all Charles Adams. He approaches everything with not only an incredible engineering mindset, but applies such good engineering structurally, it could take 4 times the load stresses of the original - it's SOLID. I'm just lucky to build upon his incredible engineering, add in some of my own tweaks/cuts when it comes to the styrene layers and some other minor areas, and then bring it all together artistically with the parts and the paints. I'll also be adding a full set of engine lighting, that's next after all the major assembly is complete.

Jamie ! So good to hear from you!!! Thanks a bunch!!

-Sean

Here's a couple shots of the body coming together.

The first one shows the FDM (Blue PLA) prints I made from the Creality 10s. I then skinned these tubes with Styrene (The original used Acrylic Tubes, but with PLA - guaranteed not to crack and not as fragile as Acrylic).

2nd is nearly finished of the same general area.

3rd is the Starboard Escape pods SLA resin printed, on the styrene body parts during initial construction

4th is the nearly finished of that general area. I'll try to get more pics in the next couple days.

Thanks!
-Sean
bod1.jpg
bod2.jpg
Bod3.jpg
bod4.jpg

And a quick shot of the 3 main assemblies. The head will be removeable for transporting, the engine section (which weighs a $#!+ Ton) will be permanently bonded, but the center engine will be removeable so a pipe can go in there, and be carried from the front and rear, and makes for an easy mount support when moving it.

bod5.jpg

And I remember when it was just a baby! :)

Amazing work, Sean! This is going to be a stunning addition to your already impressive collection of studio-scale models. ILM II in your own home!

Dan

'I think he's more machine now than man'.

Haha, heya Sean, that's what i think of how you turn out these beautiful models so quickly & professionally.
The BR is just stunning. Is this the first true part for part Studio replica miniature to be completed?. To all involved its a fantastic effort & wonderful to see done!.

Stu

Is this the first true part for part Studio replica miniature to be completed?. To all involved its a fantastic effort & wonderful to see done!

We built two for the Star Wars Launch Bay at Disneyland and Disney World. While these were intended to be part-for-part accurate, due to the enormous scope of the project and the unbelievably short time available, there just wasn't any way to get it all done so some details had to be omitted or compromised.

Sean, always watching. This hobby will always have my heart. Yes Charles killed this and was there to the end with the Disney fiasco.... Who builds a model like this in a few days....lol We f×$kin did! Well as Charles said pretty much. Dying to see the end results bro!!

Thanks Charles and Jamie! I'll never comprehend how you guys did what you did and accomplished two INCREDIBLE builds/replicas - and are Proudly on display in the Disney parks. I got a chance to see the Disneyland one, and to be frank, THAT is what motivated me to go after building this beauty!! Major Kudos to you and everyone who participated in the construction of those models/replicas!!

Stu, Like Charles said, they made a VERY CLOSE 'part for part' replica, but weren't able to get there all the way with the parts. I know that Lasse Henning did a FANTASTIC Studio Replica of the Blockade Runner. Don't think he went full kit for kit like I'm going after, but his Weathering and Build Looked INCREDIBLE, just like the original studio model. Happy to hear/see anyone else post if they have Studio Scale B'Runners out there!

Thanks again all!
-Sean

Last edited:
Here's another in-progress update of the top and port sides. This is still very much a Work In Progress, the paint work is not complete yet, and still have to permanently connect the Engine. This gives a pretty good idea of where I'm at as of now. Next update will be the right side and underside.

PS - For the very 'Keen Eyed', don't expect to see EVERY kit part laid down. I'm still waiting on a few kits/castings to arrive, and there are a few temporary substitutes in there. But I'm CLOSE to having all the original parts down!

Thanks!
-Sean

bod6.jpg
bod7.jpg
bod8.jpg
bod9.jpg
bod10.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back