6' ANH Blockade Runner - Replica Build

t2sides

Sr Member
And Pt 2 continued of this update... port side.

bod12.jpg
bod13.jpg
bod14.jpg
bod15.jpg

Doc H

As much, and possibly more so, than being absolutely impressed with your work and that it CAN be done, I am grateful you are doing it. To me, the model you are building helps to preserve, in a historical value, the importance of the originals, and removes being so precious from the equation. Not that this model isn't now also precious. The difference is, we have a chance of seeing it, exploring it, interacting with it, even if in photos.

t2sides

Sr Member
LOL!! Thank you all!!
DocH - that was very kind, most kind of you to say all that! Thanks!

OK, another update, some pics of the LEFT/PORT side and engine.

Again, this is still VERY MUCH a work in progress. I still have to finish connecting the engine, inserting that 'pillow' bulkhead section to the front of it. All the painting/weathering still has a ways to go. This is all the 1st an 2nd 'layers', more to add, then a final 'mist' overspray.

Thanks again for all the support!
-Sean

Left side Engine, then moving forward:
le1.jpg

ls2.jpg

ls3.jpg

ls2a.jpg

ls4.jpg

And here's the 'door', love all the details they put in here from the original 'Pirate Ship' that they maintained.
lsd.jpg

lsd2.jpg

Searun

As much, and possibly more so, than being absolutely impressed with your work and that it CAN be done, I am grateful you are doing it. To me, the model you are building helps to preserve, in a historical value, the importance of the originals, and removes being so precious from the equation. Not that this model isn't now also precious. The difference is, we have a chance of seeing it, exploring it, interacting with it, even if in photos.
Your words are well chosen. The Star Wars builders of these Studio Scale models on this thread reach out to the wonder and enjoyment of many and will do so for generations.

eagle1

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Blown away yet again Sean!.
Such a treat every one of your updates & to see this iconic miniature being realised. Loving seeing the details replicated part for part...as i said...always a treat & always a huge smile comes across my face gazing at your pics.

eagle1

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Your words are well chosen. The Star Wars builders of these Studio Scale models on this thread reach out to the wonder and enjoyment of many and will do so for generations.

Wonderfully said...my sentiments exactly!.
These replica miniatures are true labors of love & the joy they give the builder & also the folks that follow along the build in pictures & for those that see them in person is simply priceless.

JediMichael

Master Member
Not much else I can add that wasn't already said.....
Unless you went back to 1977 and prefectly cloned the ILM models...or something.
Deathstar II next.....

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.