5th Element: Mr. Kim's Boat 1/35

i36733bhhv9y.jpg

Most things are mounted. From this point of view it looks finished, but there are still empty places at bow and stern.

i36732bcw2m7.jpg

Size comparision with my fingers :D
Stern rigging, fenders and the final underfloor parts will be the last things to mount then.

Glad to read such comments :)

I LOVE the tugboat that you posted in the other thread!!!
The McQue was really fun to build, too :) I wonder if a build blog on rpf would have been accepted - it's definitely "craft your fandom", but not from a movie, game or tv show.

amazing work! are you going to add some weathering to the sides or are they done?
Weathering is almost done. It's hard to see in some of the pictures, cell phone cameras seem to have problems with saturated reds.
I'll try to make better pictures with an SLR camera and proper light once it's done.

Here's a link to the original movie prop (please consider: decoration is NOT original, only the boat itself):
http://i2.wp.com/www.esperluette-blog.fr/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Cit%C3%A9-du-Cin%C3%A9ma-5.jpg

I decided to drop these black spots (I think they were originally added for more variation for the far shot, but would look odd on the model), same with the black panel lines, because they are much wider and not so regular on the model. They were only preshaded. But some worn spots and scratches were applied, here's a better pic of the side:
i36737bu2fvi.jpg

Sweet beyond words! How about a Mr.Kim to crew it? MasterReplicas may have some figures you could use as a basis for conversion.

R/ Robert

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back