501st friendly Stormtrooper Kit question

Candlehat

Hello there,
I'm interested in buying a Stormtrooper armor kit in the next year or so. I've been doing research on the 501st Legion and SW costumers in general and I've decided I probably want to get an FX Trooper kit (as seen here: link) without the helmet (I don't believe FX helmets are accepted into the 501st anymore and I'll be looking to find one that is accepted to buy separately).

Now, I know i've got to be missing something and I sound like a complete moron right now...
But I want to buy one, but I can't seem to figure out how!
Is there someone I can email for a quote or is there a site I can order them off of? Am I missing something? Is there anyone on here who makes armor I can contact?

Also, any tips or input for your favorite 501st friendly Trooper armor and helmet combination? Is FX a good choice?

Interested in hearing your thoughts, and thank you for tolerating my rambling message!

-Candle

I suggest taking a look over at FISD. There is plenty of info over there that will answer your question.

For what it's worth, FX is no longer in production, but kits can still be found that are knockoffs of an FX suit. Most of them are on Ebay and you'll quickly find that that shouldn't be where you buy your suit.

Just do some research and you'll find what you're looking for.

First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment

Last edited:
You can also ask the guys at whitearmor, imperial surplus, or a couple others.
Also, hit the main 501st website and find out your local garrison or squad.
The Legion has people in place to help new members with their joining process, including the armor.
Also, to build off what DoubleD said, try to stay away from eBay for bigger items like an entire suit. It's very easy to get burned or end up with something you can't use.
Remember, good armor isn't cheap and cheap armor isn't good!

Also, hit the main 501st website and find out your local garrison or squad.
The Legion has people in place to help new members with their joining process, including the armor.

Absolutely. Your local garrison should have 'Armorer Teams' to help get you started. They should also be able to provide full support with the whole build.
Find your Garrison, sign up and introduce yourself. The 501st are a great bunch of people and will be more than happy to help you out.
If you have any trouble, feel free to drop me a PM and I'll do my best to help.
I'm across the Pond in the UK Garrison, but am happy to help where I can.

Also, to build off what DoubleD said, try to stay away from eBay for bigger items like an entire suit. It's very easy to get burned or end up with something you can't use.
Remember, good armor isn't cheap and cheap armor isn't good!

Sad, but very true

And DEFINITELY steer clear of FX (or FX re-cast) helmets! They're awful. :)

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back