5-foot Millennium Falcon - parts lists & complementary Info

I do not have that one. Thanks!
I didn't know you had all those scans in your kit list doc. Wow! You've really been putting in double time. Haha! Thanks for that too John. Appreciate everything! Hopefully I'll be able to contribute in a meaningful way. It's a hard act to follow with everyone that's come before, let me tell you! Hopefully this info will be available 10 years from now after all the work you've put in!

Yeah my goal was to do what you're doing now. I was going to do it as I build, but you're way ahead of me. I just added a bunch of the M577 pics and parts to your list.

Yeah my goal was to do what you're doing now. I was going to do it as I build, but you're way ahead of me. I just added a bunch of the M577 pics and parts to your list.
Should have put this in the first post, but I sometimes take things for granted that are clearly not:
Thanks John for putting all this together, maps, scifikitbash etc.! And everybody who has done so along and before.
I sometimes get carried away a bit too far, don’t want to have it my way no matter what, all here is definitely open to discussion!

Needed to get that straight ;)

Should have put this in the first post, but I sometimes take things for granted that are clearly not:
Thanks John for putting all this together, maps, scifikitbash etc.! And everybody who has done so along and before.
I sometimes get carried away a bit too far, don’t want to have it my way no matter what, all here is definitely open to discussion!

Needed to get that straight ;)
Just happy folks are enjoying/getting some use out of them.

small update:
thanks to John who inserted a whole truckload of part images the PartList document is now in sync with the kit list spreadsheet. Also one kind person made a helpful comment in the document, much appreciated! That means for every entry in the 'parts' table there should be now an image in the PartList document. Sometimes not a pretty one or a schematic from the instructions, but hopefully something recognizable at least.
In the meantime the happy mapping didn't stop, so I have to catch up with the recent changes and additions.

I was unable to identify the 9 parts from 5 kits listed here (link), so if anybody feels like filling in the blanks and insert the kit IDs, the document is completely open for editing, any help highly welcome!

Last edited:
small update:
thanks to John who inserted a whole truckload of part images the PartList document is now in sync with the kit list spreadsheet. Also one kind person made a helpful comment in the document, much appreciated! That means for every entry in the 'parts' table there should be now an image in the PartList document. Sometimes not a pretty one or a schematic from the instructions, but hopefully something recognizable at least.
In the meantime the happy mapping didn't stop, so I have to catch up with the recent changes and additions.

I was unable to identify the 9 parts from 5 kits listed here (link), so if anybody feels like filling in the blanks and insert the kit IDs, the document is completely open for editing, any help highly welcome!
I was able to identify most of the parts. Can't tell what letter tree the Sheridan part is on, but it's #30. Not sure about the McLaren part either. Can't find a clear pic of the part. I updated the list for you.

Nice! Thanks John :)
I‘ll propagate the info also to the other lists!

Two things:
Centurion I meant this part, as far as I can tell it’s in front of K41:
1678170151648.png

Sheridan:
I imagine I see slight differences between those two:
1678172904290.png
1678172952610.png

What do you think?
Cheers

update on the spreadsheet:
currently 1801 parts are listed (837 unique parts), from 122 source kits. Also the version of the maps used is now stated in a column.
The listings for a few maps still have to be included / updated. Progress will remain slow but steady.

On a side note: Heavily inspired by the mindblowing works of Maruska, Andre and Bjorn I‘m trying padawan steps in photogrammetry. Base are Alan’s amazing images. The results are nowhere near what has been displayed before, but I‘m having huge fun exploring!

DenseSolving01.PNG

If anybody is interested, I put a pointcloud of the radar dish on my google drive. Without any dimensions or proof of accuracy currently, handle with caution!

dish00.png
dish01.png
dish02.png

Won’t have much time to explore further in the near future, but will come back to that eventually. Too much fun and rewarding!

That’s all for now, cheers
Manu

Last edited:
Great effort and work here, guys! Recalls for me the work I did a while back on cataloging all the 'markings' aka decals used on the 5 footer, results posted to my local club website located here:

Feel free to download copies and incorporate into your archives (just retain the attribution please) if you'd like; gathering all the research into one area can only advance the state of the art for the SS builders out there (me, I'm just a guy who likes to build accurate models, in 1/48 scale if possible!)

Cheers!
Robert

Great effort and work here, guys! Recalls for me the work I did a while back on cataloging all the 'markings' aka decals used on the 5 footer, results posted to my local club website located here:

Feel free to download copies and incorporate into your archives (just retain the attribution please) if you'd like; gathering all the research into one area can only advance the state of the art for the SS builders out there (me, I'm just a guy who likes to build accurate models, in 1/48 scale if possible!)

Cheers!
Robert
Wow, thanks Robert for that offer! I remember browsing your and other decal ID threads after finding the part ID thread, completely amazed!

Regarding everything that’s done here, I feel the need to stress that all the real work and effort was done by others in the part ID thread and is now continued in Johns common thread for instance. I’m just building on all that info here.
Best
Manu

Last edited:
... short update:
I think I finally caught up with the currently published finished maps.
Documents need some cleaning though, but I'm quite happy with the current state.
As always, if anybody finds something worth mentioning please do.

Cheers
manu

All right. I think it's done. John completed the mapping of the Falcon and already is on to even more devastating tasks. Congrats again! (Almost) all parts on those maps are now accounted for in the part list document and spreadsheet.
2795 parts total.
1350 unique parts.
Round about. There are some quite specific ways I'm counting. And there are still edits, and probably will be for quite some time. But a big chunk is finished.

So what now? The mapping is done. The maps are stunning.
But...
wouldn't it be good to have more ... precise maps?
I mean, the maps are great and all, but sometimes? The images are blurry or dark in some areas. The part you are interested is way in the back. Other parts are in the way of what you want to see. My proposal would be: digital 3D maps. You could rotate, zoom in and out, toggle parts visibility, colorize the way you want, overlay with reference photos ... ... :unsure:
Here's a start on the radar dish:
RD_mapstyle.jpg
RD_onecolor.jpg
RD_front_overlay.jpg
RD_front.jpg

:lol: Seriously, at the moment it’s all still a bit rough, but I think I'm starting to get where I want to go with digital modeling. Once I'm out of the 'fooling around' phase and feel comfortable with the results I‘ll share step files also. Let’s see…

All images above (overlays) curtesy of Alan Anderson.
Thanks to maruska, minifig and Bjorn for your publicly available 3D greeblies partly used above and most of all for inspiration to do this!

Thanks for looking

manu

Last edited:
Some excellent work there manugu!

I must say, 3d maps is something I hadn't thought about. Very cool idea.

And at the very least it will help polish CAD modelling and your workflow.

Some excellent work there manugu!

I must say, 3d maps is something I hadn't thought about. Very cool idea.

And at the very least it will help polish CAD modelling and your workflow.
Thank you Bjorn! Big fan of your work, much appreciated!
I‘m not too serious about 3D maps (jet) and was trying to combine a joke about my obsession with the maps with a way to present my 3D modeling, thus the color scheme. I got the idea when John talked about the hexcodes in his list of kits. So for clarification: I don’t think the maps need a higher level of precision! They are excellent the way they are! :cool:

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back