5 Foot Falcon Replica - ANH

How are you going to display it once it's done?

SB

It will be displayed against a StarField wall mural, painted to match the opening scene of ANH. The model will be 'poseable' to put it in a variety of positions.

Thanks again for the nice comments!!
Here's a brief update, while putting down decals on the bottom, also refining battle damage and weathering. Still have all those little black rectangles to add all over the bottom, but most all damage areas are almost done.

Damage20.jpg
Damage21.jpg
Damage22.jpg
Damage23.jpg
Damage24.jpg
Damage25.jpg

NS4, Stu, joberg, Jaitea, peza, faustus, blastmaster, stevielewis, MUCH appreciated and THANK YOU!!! Very kind and nice of you guys!

She is beginning to come together like any good Hunk of Junk should! I've certainly made some errors here and there along the way. I wish I was patient enough to get all things 'perfect', but for me now, it's just keep putting her together and moving along. I actually really enjoy the 'eyeballing' component of building this. Having some amazing friends/support to help guide things towards perfect dimensions has been tremendously helpful and appreciative for all the intense, years and years of investigation, sleuthing, deconstructing, reconstructing, analysis, etc.... folks have put into this topic!

Faustus - regarding How Much?? I haven't even thought that far ahead, and really have no idea - it always comes down to what someone is willing to pay I guess. That pendulum swings FAR and WIDE on subjects like this.

Laspector - same thing they used back in the day, it's a common 'nibbler' tool, 1/4", all over the place on Amazon, Ebay, etc...

View attachment 795721
if your looking for this tool you need to search under Anvil Nibbler tool, Anvil Nibbling Cutter, in U.S micro mark and duratool , europe is lighter on its availability

This is just insanely beautiful! I can't believe there are 2 of these beasts currently being built on here. You both have been a tremendous inspiration to me as I super detail my Deagostini Falcon and slide the bar to the 5 footer. Thank you.

Decal13.jpg
Decal14.jpg
Decal15.jpg
Decal16.jpg
Decal20.jpg
Decal21.jpg
Cockpit1.jpg
Cockpit2.jpg
Thanks much fellas!!!
Treadwell - Sorry I missed that question, thanks to Vacformed hero for jumping in!
Here's the Starboard side decals, a couple others and a quick teaser for the cockpit, that will be done this weekend. I think it'll be the first replica to re-create the original filming miniature cockpit.
Thanks
Sean

Incredible, Sean!
So unbelievably good (y)
I have JoeCS's 'original 5' Falcon cockpit' coming from Shapeways for my Bandai 1/72. Just doesn't seem right without it :)

View attachment 1000201 View attachment 1000202 Thanks much fellas!!!
Treadwell - Sorry I missed that question, thanks to Vacformed hero for jumping in!
Here's the Starboard side decals, a couple others and a quick teaser for the cockpit, that will be done this weekend. I think it'll be the first replica to re-create the original filming miniature cockpit.
Thanks
Sean

I spent a ton of time recreating that interior for the Bandai falcon, it's amazing to see it full scale. That gray trapezoid on the back wall has been missing for so long I didn't know anyone would find out what it was. Best falcon I've seen!

Thanks JoeCS.
Here's a few pics of the construction of the Cockpit Interior and the final result. I put a muffin fan back there in the back wall, and deliberately left some wiring showing to make it look 'legit'. That was a fun touch to add.
This whole cockpit is a 'plug' that easily drops in and can be easily removed (for future 'set interior' cockpit).

CP001.jpg
CP002.jpg
CP005.jpg
CP006.jpg

Here's a few pics in low light, the iPhone pics up way more light than in person - it's all pretty subdued lighting.

CP02.jpg
CP03.jpg

And this was a fun compare shot

SLUG Compare.jpg

Added in the "Clock" on the Han side console.

CP05.jpg

Sir- this is absolutely overfantastic. The shading is perfect and the decision to use this Cockpit is brilliant.
I for myself also are a proud owner of Joe´s 1:72 Cockpit and it is good to see it in perfect detail and lightning.
Always very happy about your posting here.

THANK YOU all very much!! Jason, yeah, making it true to that original '77 vibe has been very rewarding!

Quick little update - right near the finish line now..

1st up, a few shots of the completion of the Quad Gun. BIG THANKS to Andre (VFXSup64), he machined these very beautiful/accurate 'Yokes" to hold the quad gun. I added the 't-strip', and a few styrene squares to the guns, then painted and weathered.
After that, the last and final assembly was the top Quad Gun Turret Window insert. Using the same original kit parts, and scratchbuilding the 'box' inside, it feels pretty true to the original box.

Gun1.jpg
Gun2.jpg
Gun3.jpg

Here's the Gun Window build up

Window1.jpg
Window2.jpg
Window3.jpg
WIndow4.jpg

And a flash to show the inside a bit more
Window5.jpg
Window6.jpg
Window7.jpg
Window8.jpg

Thanks for looking!
-Sean

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back