5' ANH Millennium Falcon "Blown Dome" Armature Interest - First Seven Takers Only

Studio Kitbash

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I am here only soliciting general interest for the following armature materials for the 5-foot ANH Millennium Falcon, and only doing so in order to share and thus lower the cost:

1. Two 1/4" plexiglass vac-formed domes at 48" flat, blown to max height of 3.75, with resulting OD of roughly 47.5, with outer edge sanded flush to ground.
2. One 1/4" plexiglass pizza-wedge of exact same contour and measurements, but totaling 1/3 of the dome area, to make the elevated engine panel section of the Falcon.

IF you are interested, please either post publicly or PM me as soon as possible. Price likely in the $800 + shipping range. (Do it yourself as a one-off and these are typically $3500 minimum)

Your interest in this (or lack thereof), may also determine whether I make an equally limited run (7 sets only) of MF greeblie details for the very pricey pieces only (not a complete set) using two-part molds. Because I have the pieces to make the Y-Wing, it turns out I already have most of the pieces to make a Falcon, and thus the potentiality of this offer.

If sufficient interest is generated, I will post a thread in the Parts Run Forum, and THAT will determine the first-come/first-serve order of Dome sets produced.

Meanwhile, don't get TOO excited: Conservative estimates put the 5-foot Falcon at a 25k to 40k project, so don't fool yourself that if you've got the $800 you'll surely have no problem with the other $24,200... Trust me, this one's a marriage breaker, so TALK to your spouse first if she still lets you play with Star Wars toys, and/or let me know that you are single and of a sane mind, sane body and soul, etc.

Also if I get the domes I would ask that I be guaranteed a set of the greeblies run as well.

Can you post pics of exactly what we would be getting?

Thanks

Shipping would likely be around $100 domestic, but I don't know how much it would be for International orders (depends on country, weight, carrier, etc.). So that's the only reason I had to put that qualifier in there.

The algorithm is this: First come, first serve. And IF (only if) you ordered the domes, you'd be guaranteed the partial greeblie set IF that was also offered (which is still up in the air).

No, can't post pics of exactly what you'd be getting until AFTER it was paid for and ordered. That's the whole idea behind sharing the cost. But it would be a guarantee on size and measurements to within 2mm accuracy. Current 5-foot builders are working with tolerances much larger than that, and of course, because of the plating/overhangs, you can always wiggle up or wiggle down to your heart's content.

Got it. That all makes sense.

This is what I have been waiting for since I was 7. (y)

Please put me down for both the dome set and the greeblie run.

I know I can make the mandibles and with practice the cockpit and tube but this part has been what has been holding me back. I can slowly build it over the next 20 years if need be. I just need the shell to start.

I can not explain how exciting this is.

Maybe this will encourage other part runs.

Thanks so much for doing this.

Excitement? Yeah, me too: I've been waiting since I was nine. April 9, 1978, we first saw it in extended release (having moved back to the USA in January of '78, thus missing the May '77 opening) and I know the exact date only because the final Death Star attack run sent my mother into early labor with my younger brother -- who was born later that night/early the next morning! How's that for exciting?

My dad dragged me kicking and screaming to see it opening weekend '77. I had no idea what he was on about and I wanted to play with my friends. So grateful he stuck to his guns.

And it's very cool this run is possible. I was pricing domes out not long ago. zoinks.

Can I ask why no one has made a greeblie kit for a 5' Falcon?

I have been told by numerous builders the parts cost over 20k. So let's say 20k plus 5k for creating the run and heck let's throw in another 5k. 30k. Do a run of all greeblie parts needed for 1k a piece. I know there are at least 50 people looking to build a 5ft Falcon if they could get a shell and greeblie parts set.

Someone could make a killing. It's kind of what this place is built on. As far as I know there are like three 5ft Falcons.

There are some parts offered for the 5 footer but what is the point if the body and most parts can't be gotten.

I keep hearing rumors that some group here is going to offer a kit but it never seems to happen.

I've got some skills but no way could I ever scratch build something like this.

I really don't think there's a big enough market for someone to buy all the kits needed, make molds and cast all the parts. I doubt there's more than a handful of people willing and able to make a 5' Falcon.

Just to be clear: I'm not looking for a "market" and I'm not looking to "make a killing" - quite the opposite. I'm just not independently wealthy, and I'm looking for seven folks to help "share the cost." There are definitely enough people on planet earth for this. I'm looking for exactly 0.0001% of the planet.

I was just throwing out a question. Hoping someone who has all the parts would be interested in making their money back. I was not even remotely suggesting anything about you.

I think looking at all the headaches I am already having about this I am gonna pass on this one. I think I am gonna end up with an incomplete model and a lot of money spent.

I will wait and hope someday some crazy person offers a kit.

Thanks

Last edited:
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back