4th Doctor Sonic Screwdriver Options?

MattMunson

Master Member
Looking for leads and reviews of whomever makes the Tom Baker style sonic. I know there are a bunch of makers out there, but what I am most looking for is reviews from people that have purchased one and how their experience was, and what quality was like.

Rubbertoe and The Celestial Toybox offer some great replicas, but your you're gonna pay a small fortune.

If you can get one Russ Reps, you really won't ever have to look anywhere else. I have two - one static, the other with a sound chip - and I couldn't be happier.
Looking for leads and reviews of whomever makes the Tom Baker style sonic. I know there are a bunch of makers out there, but what I am most looking for is reviews from people that have purchased one and how their experience was, and what quality was like.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

I also have the 2 Russ Reps 4th Doctor Sonics and agree that if you can find someone willing to sell one you can't do much better. I've heard really nice things about the Rubbertoe version and I'm actually expecting delivery on it in the next couple of days. It is supposed to be the most accurate ever made but it will cost you around $500.

I don't really have anything to add to whats been said in this thread so far other than to offer my personal experience. The Baker Sonic has been one of my Holy Grail props and, as far as I am concerned, you can do no better than the Rubbertoe Replica. My Quest is at an end. (At least until such time as the original prop resurfaces and they have a chance to examine it, lol)

For other options Russrep, as far as I am aware, is the only person that produces them regularly. Everything else I've seen has generally been a limited run. I've owned two RussReps and the BlueBox, researched the 1612, Time Lord's Pocket, et al, and while they are all generally excellent each has its peculiarities.

I received my Rubbertoe 4th Doctor Sonic yesterday and I'm extremely happy with it. As dcarty said above, until the original prop is found this is probably the most accurate one around. When comparing Russ's and Nick's sonics they are very close and I like both of them. The only problem is Russ hasn't done any Sonics except the 8th Doctor's for a very long time so you would probably have to look on the secondary market while ordering from Rubbertoe can take anywhere from 6 months to a year or more.

I'll weigh in with full support for RussRep.

Not to detract from Rubbertoe... I've just not owned one. But I have owned several RussRep sonics, and they are TOP SHELF!

+10 for your avatar!! BSG RULES!

524676_10200386671045694_2106593919_n.jpg

Whadda Ya Hear?

My greens are hand made.

I did get a screen accurate shoulder patch from Daniel Kim of Alchemy Arms. I also bought the BDU conversion kit form him...which made making these very easy.

I have a set of blues as well, but need to get on tailoring them :p

Timelords Pocket, if you can find one, is supposed to be the best of the best!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back