45. Longslide with Laser Products sight, update

Demetrius

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hello all, been on the backburner for awhile but it now looks like this project of mine will be moving forward. had some good resources here on the Replica Prop Forum notably http://www.therpf.com/f9/terminator-story-45-longslide-laser-sighting-81684/ did try to purchase this on a firearm auction site
093260924d2e90c91346f6610ccfbadab6bf9093.jpg

Wanted to split this purchase but did not pan out. I believe this Laser Products Corp. model 7 laser tube was used for the Longslide version, will need to have someone build a copy. I dont think it will have the wire "Nub" protrusion on the rear bell that can be seen in the film closeup of the gun during the "Alamo gunshop scene"

So my hunt turned to finding the base for the gun. and I did manage to find an aluminum conversion kit for the WA longslide GBB . I have since gotten some parts added but need to find a suitable Hardballer trigger. as the one that was found is not accurate.
fe716722200a1a6d65cbe678cd090c0b8bc55fd3.jpg

I will post pics when the gun is prepped, although I am afraid that it will not fire BBs. it will reside on my wall to be admired:love

the gun below is not mine but the Original gun I post it here to give you some reference to compare
against the grip mount I found
6d41622c250b1f6e65501cd5cd121b3a5ed0494d.jpg

as for the scope mount that fits to the grip base screws, I had always thought that they were custom made.

be61652722011a696e4ba5db326a92b30398d7d9.jpg

I have recently just won a set off of Evilbay and I cannot wait to begin filing off that "NPC" and shining the piece. I also need some thoughts on whether or not to cut off the rear portion as seen in the "Hero" closeup or leave it be as the practical version. any thought? I will post progress pics this time around :):):)

Last edited:
Re: Terminator Longslide mit LASER build

Cool project! I've been wanting to see someone make on of these for a while!

Subscribed!

Nick

Re: Terminator Longslide mit LASER build

That is awesome ,always loved that gun from the 1st Terminator movie ,awesome find too ,keep us posted.........

Re: 45. Longslide with lasersighting, hero build

Thanks guys.

Well the mount has arrived, and I must say I was surprised to see that the finish was rough with some sharp casting edges and thankfully a cheap paint that was not anodized. Also scratchbuilt the trigger, will have to fine tune the shape later.

DSC00563.jpg

And after some sanding.

DSC00568.jpg

I did have to cutout a bit of the rear ejection port clearance cut as there was a triangular piece for strength.

arrow.jpg

No major problems with fit overall, but I did have to file out the bottom grip screw hole to allow the gripmount to sit firmly onto the frame. Finally the front portion of the rail had to be shortened to fit flush with the ring mount.
the rear slot will have to be cut off completely but I will wait.

DSC00574.jpg

Thanks for looking.:):):)

Very cool!!

Gonna be awsome when you finish!!

coolio! I have a hardballer but it is the standard size.

just got finished reading about the REAL gun in a 199 centennial magazine ive had laying around.

that first picture you posted............ They were orginally making these for Colt Troopers and making a custom funky grip to house the power supply.
For the T1 gun, they had to run a wire up Arnies sleeve

Oh weird! I didn't even notice that wire leading into the grip. Interesting design.

093260924d2e90c91346f6610ccfbadab6bf9093.jpg

You can see where the wire went into the LASER just above the rear sight on the screen used version as well, but the wire is missing on the non working prop. Also note the sloped barrel locking lug in the ejection port, to make blank firing rounds function properly.

TERMSE_SIDEA-3.jpg

LOVE this pistol. Can't wait to see it finished!

Saved these pictures from a older thread about the longslide. I think the original maker commented or there was linked to an article with the original maker - can't remember which. Anyway, hope you can use them.

Unsure whether this last one is the original gun or a replica, but thought I'd post it anyway.

In the Tech Noir scene - the reason Arnold has his left arm in across his chest was to activate the laser, with the pack being in his chest pocket or something. And until I read that... I just thought he did it to look cool.

Are you gonna make yours exactly like the hero gun or are you making the laser self-contained and turning on when squeezing the trigger as explained in the movie?

Thanks for the comments, and thank you TMGarlic for the pics.

To answer your question as to how I will construct the LASER I will put a 5mw red laser in the tube with some switch to activate it. As to HOW i will do this is open to suggestion. first thought would be to make a "touch" switch on the trigger itself, anyone?. if that is not possible, then my solution is to put a small push button switch into the grip safety. to avoid using wires I would maybe use some optical relay of some sort, perhaps an IR sensor where the wire protrusion would be? then some emitter activated with the switch.

^ I think it would be easier just to sneak some thin wires where you need them to go. As you'll (I assume) be using a diode laser, you won't need hefty wiring to power it.

The rail mount seems pretty thick, maybe you could sneak a wire out of the sight tube just next to the mounting ring, and dremel a channel onto the side/inside of the rail mount arm, in which to sneak wires to a switch within the handgrip?

_A

Thanks for the suggestions but I am very hesistant to cut into the mount as I feel very lucky to have gotten it in the first place, the cuts would show up quite easily as you can see.

DSC00572.jpg

It is strictly a showpiece and I intend to keep it as accurate to the prop. I think I will use some method to remotely activate the laser. Good quality pictures will be posted when it is done.:love

Demetrius, Howard is back in town and we plan on discussing the build tomorrow. We will contact u afterwards on our thoughts on the laser sight.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back