40k The Tempest That Walks

Davusmaximus77

So after a couple of large builds, (A space marine and Lex Luthors exosuit), Ive decided to be a bit ambitious I'm going start building a 40 k character called Njal Stormcaller. specifically in his tactical dreadnought armour. I'm fine with the foam building and finishing I am however having trouble sourcing a suitable beard wig but as I'm taking around 2 years to build this I'm sure I can find something in that time. I'll just drop a little photo of the model with some of the art to go with it. updates will be slow at first as I have made some promises I must keep in the coming year but should pick up momentum after that.

Attachments

• Njal_Stormcaller.jpg
    Njal_Stormcaller.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 170
  • Jen Marine 001.jpg
    Jen Marine 001.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 204
  • Njal_Stormcaller_summoning.png
    Njal_Stormcaller_summoning.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 242
The earlier ones weren't ambitious then? :p

Did you have any photos of the lex luthor one? Saw you mention adding them in the other thread.

Looking forward to seeing this coming along. Still a while off I guess but did you have any plans to add any special effects? Off the top of my head I'm thinking lights or a smoke machine or something weather related. I'll be interested to see the work with the fur and the pelt.

The other option with 2 years is try and grow it yourself :lol Never tried growing a beard so no clue if that's a reasonable timescale to get what you're looking for.

Im going for light up runes in the staff, considering doing it in the suit also. definitely going for sound probably in the form of a megastomp. if there is smoke it will only be from the head of the staff. maybe fit airflow from the wrists to "guide" the smoke.

Well if its anything like that Luthors exosuit should be great maybe do a WIP while you build it,love to of seen more of the Luthors exosuit build...;)

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back