40 or 50 dreads?

TehEl1te

Sr Member
Hey guys... I am getting my dreads and I was hoping I could see some of your heads by chance? How many dreads you got on your mask?

i have 36 in mine. and it covers very well.

DSCN5729.jpg

DSCN5735.jpg

Hey guys, im not talkin a matter of which head you got... I am getting the xdmray halfmask... it has 50 slots for dreads... but I know some people dont fill all the slots... I am just asking for peoples opinions... regardless of the head what do you like more? More dreads? Less dreads?

Lifeburn says his could use 10 more for 50 dreads xdmray says his only has 36 and he likes it. I just want to see what some people's set up looks like to help me decide what I like.

The more the merrier, unless you got to wear it. I have 40 dreads in my monsterroom half mask and about the same in my meanjean and they look great but your head gets heavy quick. With beads, I'd say 35-40 dreads look great!

as long as you can get a coverage layer on the outside it's really all about that your willing to endure as far as weight.
you don't have to put beads or rings on the inner dreds just to keep the weight down when your wearing it. you can always put them back after your done.

test fitting the headpiece and yes wearing it for a good 15-20 minutes will give you a very good idea if your able to cowboy up and put more weight on it

we all are different so find find what works best for you....

AM

Heres some pics of my mask Branden, and when I said I could have used about 10 more I meant smaller dreads for the smaller holes in the front. But 40 should give you enough dreads.

SANY0070.jpg.gif

SANY0071.jpg.gif

Heres a list of my masks and dread holes ( i just went and counted them )

P1 open mouth = 57
P1 closed mouth = 62
P2 = 59
Wolf = 32
Bubba........ i mean super black predator = unknown ( 1st pull still in mould ) but i think there were = 60
New P1 = 62

I am a believer in filling the holes hehe.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back